The gentlemans groom room malt n Myrtle reviee

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by matthewoli98, Feb 26, 2019.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

This soap is part of the very generous PIF i received from tony from mastershave, and i have to say, scent wise this stuff is spot on.
    Its the first proper shave soap I've used, the others all being creams, and i truly was surprised at how quickly it lathered.

Because its a hard soap i sprinkled some water on top of it five minutes before lathering just to let it soften a bit, and 20 seconds in the container with the brush and about 30-45 in my bowl afterwards and i had a glorious lather more than enough for three passes.

Great soap, especially if you like spicy scents.

Lather 10/10 perfectly stable, quick lathering and great protection

Slickness 10/10, the slickest soap or cream ive ever used, absolutely great for preventing razor burn, great residual slickness too

Price 6/10, at eleven euros, perhaps a little pricey if you're on a budget, but this stuff is so hard that it will last you an entire year easily.

Scent 8/10, less potent when lathered, but you can certainly smell that bay rum and single malt in the mix.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not too difficult to raise a lather from a hard puck soap. Glad you had a chance to branch out because there are many good products in that format.

3. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

Ill do a review on the bundubeard soap soon

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Great review Matthew!

I’m anxious to hear what you have to say about the soap from Jaco that you have!