The Gillette New And Aristocrat Are Battling It Out For My Love

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by william beer, Feb 9, 2018.

1. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

Rev579, Thanks for your comments. Guess I got lucky because these two razors were the first ones I came across in the local junk stores and they both are in very nice condition. I bought them for next to nothing. The New isn't in quite as condition as the Aristocrat so I may follow your advice and get a different handle for it and get the head replated. I searched all over my area for vintage razors and now the only others that I know of are a red tip, blue tip and Tech (gold plated ball end). I'm going to get them because I can have them for 4 bucks each. They are in good condition.

Rev579 likes this.
  2. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

Well boys and girls, I made a decision to sell the Gillette New LC because the Aristocrat just keep giving excellent and comfortable shaves. The New gave closer shaves but was not a smooth as the Aristocrat...at least for me. I was able to sell it so fast that I hope I don't regret it! Haha. So, in the end the "Crat" won my love and the New is now seeking favor in someone else' den. I now only have my '56-'57Aristocrat and my "Heavy" aka "Red Tip". Wonder what I will try next? Since I'm really just a wannabe collector I may look at acquiring a modern adjustable or an artisan made razor. Any ideas for me?