The Great British Meat Pie.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Geordie Sam, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I wish you hadn't resurrected this thread! Now I am really longing for a beef, onion, and potato Pastie made with real lard!! These were a staple in our house growing up. My Great Grandmother made them for my Great Grandfather to "take up the mountain". He was a silver miner/prospector in both Blackhawk and Leadville Colorado in the 1890's. We are of Irish descent.

Ryan B likes this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I do love a good banger! (this may wind up in the 'Out of Context' thread).

Mildly-spiced, a great accompaniment for breakfast or brunch. The ones I make are 'gluten-free' (non-wheat bread crumbs)
    [​IMG]

Only meat pies I've made are are the traditional 'steak n' kidney' pies with a flakey lard crust. Rich, but a wonderful treat on a cold winter's night.
    Some of the meat pies one can purchase at festivals are usually a poor replication of the real deal.

Lexicon Devil likes this.
  3. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Kevin-If you keep insisting on posting these photos you are going to have to start mailing out boxes of goodies!! Your killing me!! Great work again!! I can almost taste one of those Brat's on a bun just off the grill.

HolyRollah likes this.
  4. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Seriously!!! Habanero cheddar are my favorite!

5. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Sausage with cheddar? That looks absolutely delightful .
    I need to travel more. See new thinks and experience new flavours. I wouldn't mind starting that adventure with a piece of Cheddar Bratwurst.

Next time you grill one of these, take a picture of it and post it here :)