The Haul: April 14th - April 20th 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by moviemaniac, Apr 14, 2008.

1. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

So, what did you get, folks? Post away! :eatdrink047

I wanna see :signs154

I'm gonna start the week with a Joseph Rodgers & Sons straight with clear horn scales:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Hookah Supplies:

Tangiers shisha:
    Kashmir Peach and Horchata

Nammor hose (purple)
    small phunnel bowl
    mya Tongs
    Coco coals

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Meaning in English? :happy102

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

HOOKAH!!!!!!!

5. jramire2

jramire2 Member

picked up 2 boxes of 4711 bath soaps.

Great scent, but only decent performance so far. Primarily palm based (though cocoa is right behind it), they'll last long but are brittle, and not quite as moisturizing as I'm used to. First one split in half when it fell in the shower. Will make a good summer soap, but not moisturizing enough for winter.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Klaus, yupp, shisha means Hookah in Arabic. The Syrians and Lebanese also call it a Narghile.

7. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Klaus, great looking straight, bud! And thanks for getting us started this week!!

8. crackstar

gorgeous, Klaus! :D

9. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Finally!

From Lee's Razors - Outstanding service as always.

Merkur 11C Open Comb Double Edged Safety Razor Chrome
    Merkur 39C Slant Bar HD* Long Handled Doubled Edged Safety Razor Chrome (Barber Pole)

10. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Nice haul Rich! Now we will observe a moment of silence...........that your dry spell is over! :D

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

Great hauls guys!!....Beautiful straight Klaus :cool:

Rick, very nice Hookah, is that stuff you hook up to your pipes?

From the TSD Store and Coates Group Buy, Thanks JoAnna!! :D

2 - Tubs of Coates Almond Cream :D
    3 - Samples of Various Rose Soaps :drool:drool:drool

The Coates cream is very dense, I may re-hydrate one of the tubs as I tend to like it a bit on the soft side as it lathers better for me.

Thanks! :D

12. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

aaaahhhh, now I know what rick was talking about! I'd love to have one but would never be allowed such a thing in my house. Ah well, can't have everything ;)

Thanks for your lovely comments about the straight, guys, she sure is a beaut and for the 15$ or so I paid for it it was a steal :D

Congrats on scoring some Coates, Padron! :drool

13. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Neale:
    From left to right......Tobacco / Charcoal Tongs+pick / Nammor Hose / Phunnel bowl
    Hookah not pictured.

Hookah setup from bottom to top:
    Base has liquid, then stem is added to base. Hose is attached to stem. Bowl is placed on top of stem. Tobacco is added to bowl. Foil covers tobacco. Charcoals sit on top of foil.
    Mine looks a little like this one
    [​IMG]

14. jramire2

jramire2 Member

woo hoo! My order of T&H came in last night.

FIVE tubs of T&H;

Grafton
    Trafalgar
    Almond
    West Indian Limes

I'd only tried 1805 before, the rest were all new to me. Shaved w/the WIL this morning. Definitely a "sherbert" lime scent w/some great undertones. Finished w/some Lime skin food and Boosters Iced Lime as, great shave.

15. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Ahhhh...the weather hit 72 in Milwaukee today. I made my sales call with the windows rolled down and the Black Crowes cranked on the way home. I knew this was on its way and was very surprised it arrived in only two days.

IMG_3472.JPG

The violet and peony are backups to what I currently have in the cabinet. The new Shave Den soaps include:

Mocha - A wonderful blend of coffee and chocolate. I do not actually drink coffee but this scent is outstanding! My daughter and wife drink this all the time, it is like visiting you local coffee shop.

Jasmine/Orange - I cannot take actual credit for this. I noticed some cheap body wash at Target that had an orange/floral scent. The stuff at Target = horrible...this soap = great! Very light floral for the gents who are not into a straight ahead flower scented soap. Not overly sweet by any means.

Chocolate/peppermint - Admit it gents, we have all smelled a shave product and instantly thought, "Wonder how this would taste?" I am guilty... Think about Andes candies or York peppermint patties and it is exactly how this soap smells.

Joanna was kind enough to include some Astra blades I wanted to try and a sample of bay rum/bergamot aftershave - it smells REALLY GOOD!!

Thank you Joanna!!!!!

16. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Simpsons Chubby 1 Best Badger (Thanks Lee!!)
    T&H Rose shave cream
    Coral Skin Food 200ml
    Trumpers Pomade (Rose scented)

17. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

TSD+Londonshop order... life is good :)

I was shopping some things for Mothersday which is somewhere in May or so, then I added some things for myself and thought to get some shave sticks for my travels in Japan in october I cant have that many different creams with me so the TSD Shave sticks I thought are a blessing till I had them in my hands !
    My god these are GIANT Sticks ! I need a bigger suitcase
    ! :eek:

Joanna was kind enough to pack the box, ok I have seen my share of prof. shipping styles but this was too much to handle as you will see on the photos I had no idea what was awaiting, She went above and beyond her duty I couldnt believe my eyes the stuff she got in there If I had to do it Id need a bigger box how the @#@# did she do it ? :confused:

She made sure that if anything would break open it would NOT destroy the other items, the way you ship items to your customers tell alot about how you run your business too not something to be taken lightly !

I have no words ! :signs107
    and now where to even begin I still have to shave so im ready for wednesday since I start early at 7am I dont fancy shaving at 6am....

Anyways the Towels are great for wiping the Str8 razor I was always using toilet paper and that doesnt add to the whole wetshaving Zen thing a Towel is way cooler I think im ready for 2008 SUMMER ! are you ? if not you know where to find the TSD store....

TSD's Courtesy :

DIY
    Park Ave Enjoy
    OS SC Fresh Lime
    Palmolive SC Lemon
    OS A/S Fresh Lime
    M&L Florida Water
    Barber Towels (7)
    Issy's B&T Soap
    TSD SSticks (5)
    -Lavender Tea Tree
    -Vetiver
    -Avalanche
    -Bamboo & Teak
    -Victorian Rose

Shop london :

Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna Shave Soap Refill 100g
    Truefitt and Hill 1805 Shaving Cream
    Lightfoot's Pure Pine Aromatic Gentlemen's Shave Cream Soap 2.8 oz
    Thayers W/H Rose
    Hawaiian Green Coconut Body Butter 180 ml by Bomb Cosmetics
    Speziali Fiorentini Green Tea Single Bath Soap
    Asquith and Somerset Lotus Bath and Shower Gel
    Asquith and Somerset Lotus Body Lotion
    Asquith and Somerset Magnolia Body Lotion
    Asquith and Somerset Cocoa Butter Ultra Rich Hand Cream
    Speziali Fiorentini Hemp and Myrtle Bath Oil 100ml
    Culpeper Herbalists Neroli Soap
    Bath House Ltd - Lavender and Moroccan Olive Leaf Soap
    Bath House Ltd - Palm Leaf and Lotus Flower Body Wash
    Bath House Ltd - Palm Leaf and Lotus FLower Soap Bar
    Speziali Fiorentini Lotus Flower Bath and Shower Gel
    Speziali Fiorentini Lotus Flower Ultra Rich Body Cream
    Speziali Fiorentini Orchid and Black Currant Bath Soap
    French Lavender Shower Gel 300
    French Lavender Body Lotion 180 ml
    American Pink Pepper Body Butter 180 ml
    Crabtree and Evelyn Evelyn Rose Body Lotion (250ml)

Free Goodie : Caswell-MAssey Almond&aloe hand&body emulsion

Attached Files:

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Wow, Rene, outstanding! Any money left in your bank account after these hauls? :D

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'm extremely glad to see it all arrived safe and sound!

I don't care to pack shipments without any bubble wrap or other type of padding, but as you can see there simply wasn't ANY room. :eek:

20. crackstar

Check out this nice, BITTER-COLD aftershave I bought yesterday. It's called Alcolado Glacial, and it's a face-freezing, air-conditioner in a bottle. It's made in Barbados!

Attached Files: