The Haul: April 14th - April 20th 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by moviemaniac, Apr 14, 2008.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lieber Gott, Boubi--das ist ein Raub ohne Waffen! Tolle Sache, und ein wunderbares Haul! Viel SpaB damit!

Zum Wohl! :D

2. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Well Rich it was about time someone stopped this mad man of a Menthol addict called Jeff he is like every week in the Haul .... (with the next menthol ice freezer product this week is no exception ;) ) I hope I stopped him a bit ? :happy102

prob. not but I gave it my best.....

3. crackstar

ahhhhhhhhh, Rene--who's the ticky-tackyest guy you know? :happy102

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Jesus, Rene, you never fail to amaze me with you hauls!!!!! GREAT JOB! :eatdrink047

@Jeff: Barbados, eh? Any connection to Barbicide? :rofl

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

My haul - an overview:

[​IMG]

1.) Cussons Imperial Leather gift-set

[​IMG]

The bottle is half-empfty, but the soap is in mint condition. Me like :happy088

2.) Griffon Carbon Magnetic 6/8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got it on the US-bay for a few dollars. It arrived in great condition and honed up nicely

3.) Wostenholm Pipe Razor 5/8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A sad story. Got it from the same seller who sold me the Griffon. At first it looked like a mintish, never used Wostenholm - until I opened the razor. Hundreds of little rust-stains all over the blade - they weren't visible on the auction-picture.
    I was near to throwing the darn thing against the wall but then decided to give it a shot. I cleaned it up, removed the active rust and went to work on the hone. I was near to giving up when - after what seemed like eternity - I had a clean bevel from tip to heel. I had already removed around 1.5mm of steel by that time - you can see the hone-wear on the pictures, there was none when I got the razor ;)
    After some finer stones and the pastes and the strop it passed the HHT perfectly. It ain't a beaut, but it'll shave all right, I guess. Still a bloody shame, it could've been such a nice razor. :o

6. crackstar

Klaus, I've been to Barbados with my wife twice--it's a lovely tropical island in the Caribbean, but I never paid a lot of attention to any of their fragrances, shaving creams and soaps, (if any) just the beach, golf, and the gorgeous weather, and relaxation! ;)

7. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Some more crap for the ol' Den

Happy time!

Attached Files:

8. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Ain't no crap there. GFT... :love008

9. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I know, Jeff, I was just making a joke :D

10. crackstar

you make great jokes, my friend! :happy102 :happy102

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

In my day we called this something else

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Ya, we had a few of these in the dorm I think. I always wondered what they were smoking in those things. Now I know. ;)

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

or do you?

14. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

'74 Gillette Slim Adjustable. Great shape.

Institut Karite shave soap - Thanks Neale for the heads up. May have to give this one a go tomorrow a.m.

Attached Files:

15. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

If you don't like that Institut, I'll take it. :D

16. Will

Will Nevermind

IK, great stuff.

Well I musta been a good boy because I got bout 100 or so dollars worth of stuff for free and a Hone job for free too.

So I send Isaac a razor to be honed up (one that I got from bronco) and he hones it. Then sends it back with...

1. Tabac Shaving Soap w/ Bowl (full)
    2. DR Harris Arlington SC (full)
    3. DR Harris Arlington ASL (full)
    4. Balea SC (98%)
    5. Mama Bears Peppermint AS Milk (95%)
    6. SCS Bay Rum w/ Twish (AKA Lime w/ Spice) (95%)
    ..........Did I miss anyting???

Also I bought the 40's Superspeed and 60's Slim of Bronco (at a 6 dollar discount) and he tossed in a pack of Crystals (my second fav blade) and a Schick Injector (not sure what type but is sure is pretty!!!!).

:happy108:happy108:happy108

17. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Hmmm... my Dovo Special needs a good honing. Will, pm me Isaac's addy. :D

18. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Nutt'n special, just a W&B barbers chopper in custom scales.

19. xChris

xChris Member

I'm so glad you didn;t mess up spelling on this statement! :D Congrats on that awesome haul!

Photos please! A razor like that is never "Nutt'n special" if you're getting it dressed up.

20. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Oh! Some mighty sweet hauls while I've been away!

Here are some of my recent aquisitions (I guess my wife has finally understood the true nature of my AD ;) )

First off are some "stuff", Proraso, Noxzema and Prep I found in the Italian stores. Then a Truefitt & Hill "Westindian Limes" Cologne I found in thi AWESOME shop in Pisa, Scarlatti; They carried a huge range of Floris, T&H, TOBS and more than I can mention, h and Dovo Straights. And the other half of the shop was pipes and tobacco! And, no, my wife didn't want me to move in there, so she bought be that cologne as a bribe ;) Easy to say, a must to visit if you ever go to Pisa, just a 5 minute walk from some silly tower that didn't even stand straight.. don't see what the fuzz was about. :p

And last, but certainly not least, a Mastro Livi! I'll write about my vist to Mastro Livi in a separate thread once I've sorted and uploaded the pictures.

Attached Files: