The Haul: April 21st - April 27th, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Apr 21, 2008.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Neale, this time, I was caught in a SURPRISE--I never expected from these people to send me these sticks, or for mommy and daddy to give me this edt. I knew my friend was in Lebanon, but I was not expecting anything from him. But, I do not turn down gifts either! :happy102 :happy102

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

I don't blame you at all my friend, the best gifts are the un-expected ones. Enjoy them, they sound wonderful :D

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

For sure I will--although, there's one item I have already, that I'm not too, too crazy about. I'll stick it out and bear it like a gentleman!

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I have ter be off any moment now - Bavarian/Austrian wetshaving convention (well, just 5 guys getting together... ;) ).
    But, ya know, the only thing to say about these hones: Buy 'em. Buy 5 of 'em at a time and stock 'em. They're the best finishing hones I've ever used. Give a very fine, sharp, smooth edge, they're about the only stones that finish up stainless steel effortlessly...
    When used with slurry they give a sort of satin-finish, when used without, they polish the steel. Kinda cool :D
    I have one in use and 2 more stashed away in their original wrapping as "backup". I would never ever wanna miss my Thuringians :o

Hey, Jeff, nice haul, bro! :eatdrink047

5. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

:happy102:happy102 dont even joke about that Johan ! some serious mistakes those post office always make. I use the German name or dutch name to ship stuff out.. I mean australia is a serious Detour ! :happy102:eek:

6. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I got a few things in the mail yesterday...

Attached Files:

7. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I see you got a nice brush to wash the car too ! :eek:
    Look at the size of the Mo-FO.... :eek::eek:

nice str8 . Party at Mike's tonight ... :D

8. msandoval858

Here's a more up front shot of just how big this monster is!

I'm gonna need a bigger bowl to lather this one up :D

Attached Files:

9. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

DrM it is then! :rofl

10. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

The 2007 Shavemac group buy brush I purchased from Sparky arrived a day or so back. Today was the first time I used it!

IMG_3484.jpg

11. dmikel

dmikel New Member

I'm kinda new to this forum so forgive me if I don't understand and I have to ask: Is this like a dual purpose thing where you shave with it in the morning and sweep the floor with it later?

12. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Hey Mike...

What's in the frosted tub with the white screw lid?

13. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

I forgot about these soaking in the tub downstairs. I grow vintage antique peonies and thought this year I would add some roses to the mix.

IMG_3485.JPG

14. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Yep.
    or wash the car with it.
    Mike.....you got it bad, bro. ;)

Gots some green beans in from Sweet Marias along with
    Aeropress filters and some cloth filters for my vintage SunBeam Vac-U-Pot.
    ...................................it was a close one. Almost ran out of coffee

15. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

After washing his car, it's off to paint the house. :happy102

16. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Sweet stuff everyone!

Do you have to take that one out for walks, Mike? What do you feed it?

Have you told drP the gauntlet is thrown? :happy102

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I believe that is a tub of Tabula Rasa.

18. Everytime I go through the haul listings I start both better and worse. My fishing equipment acquistiions are taking a hit after being surrounded by shaving enables. At least I still have some control where as some of you are suffering. ;)

19. msandoval858

That is correct.

I got one tup of Unscented and one of Dark Lavender.

20. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Thanks Mike...

Roses = now planted. I've never grown them before so this afternoon is going to be a beer or two and some Rose Grower Guide I picked up. While planting, the mailman dropped this off. Thanks Bronco!

IMG_3486.JPG