The Haul: April 23rd - April 29th

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

Another Satisfied shaver. ::

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

today the L'occitane Cade SS turned up in the late afternoon :D

3. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Klaus , there you go !

You warned me this could happen ! so im NEVER ever writing Austria anymore its Oostenrijk or Ostenreich for me now those two are fail safe.

glad it worked out.

4. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Nice Haul everyone very inspiring ...... :drool

5. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Thanks Klaus. I used the Valobra this morning. It is a strange concoction but it works very well. Nice cooling sensation. Let me know what you think. Are you getting the soft soap or the stick (as well as the obligatory) "or both".

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Yeah, whenever possible I now tell the companies to ship to "Austria - Europe", but there's nothing you can do when the country-listing is a drop-down-menu :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least everything worked out :cool:

@Johnnie: I'm getting the cream-version, never knew there was also a stick :ashamed001
    Will surely post my opinion in the SOS thread :D

7. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

3 pak Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood bar soap

8. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

When you are on the money, you are on the money! I have to work out the amount of cream needed and the proportion of water. I definitely used too much of soap. You have to work it a little more than you would expect because its more like a semi-cream, semi soap. But once I got it going it really whipped up nice. Glad I got it. The packaging, although a cool retro look is somewhat impractical, but nothing that prohibits you from enjoying a nice shave.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Klaus, mein Freund, L'Occitane Cade hat einer schoner Duft, das ist richtig, aber meine Gesicht ist zu empfindlich.....Schade. :( :(

10. Will

Will Nevermind

Mash it into a container and mix it up like a soap. Works for me on the Crema Sapone Cella. :D

11. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Good suggestion Doc. I will try that. This morning I just squeezed out about a quarter sized dollop and started working it with a freshly soaked and shaken brush. The dollop didn't dissolve as easily as I thought it would, but once it was going, it developed a beautiful menthol-filled lather. Thanks for the input.

12. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Jeff, das tut mir sehr leid für dich :mad:
    Ich selber werde die Seife morgen probieren - hoffentlich funktioniert sie für mich, meine Haut ist auch sehr empfindlich :eek:
    Klaus

13. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

So Glad to hear you like it :D

I got a few stuffs in yesterday:

1. Merkur Gold Slant
    2. ltlsuz haul (3 shave soaps w./ added shea + 1pound shea enriched bathsoap)
    3. Polo Green EDT + Fahrenheit EDT (Gifts from a great guy - Mike aka msandoval###)

14. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Gillette "Tuckaway" Travel Razor.

Needs to be cleaned with Maas and soaked in Oxyclean for a bit, then rinse off, soak in some mineral oil, rerinse, and off to the shave testing!

15. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

16. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I like the new razor. Good luck with it!

17. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Thanks, Rich. With Mother's Day and my wife's birthday coming up, that will be the last luxury purchase for me for a coupla months!

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

My new stuff has been showing up. I got a phone call at work from my wife wondering what came now. :D

It was from Ogallala. I needed to find out what the problem was that a few posters were talking about. Poor lather and fast disappearing scent. I like the scents out of the box so far. We'll see after I lather one up tomorrow.

Bay Rum Shave Soap
    Bay Rum, Lime & Peppercorn Shave Soap
    Bay Rum, Sage & Cedar Shave Soap
    Bay Rum Dry Skin Balm
    Tweezerman Badger Brush
    Bay Rum & Sandalwood Bath Soap (Guess what I'll be trying tomorrow)
    I have one other Bay Rum item but I'm not saying what it is. Almost fainted when I opened it. :D :D Weeee Doggie!

Mine! Mine, mine, mine, mine...mine!

19. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I know the feeling but I got lucky. My wife plunked down some serious cash after she sold her horse to buy another one. Her one purchase is more than I buy in little stuff in two years time. Woo Hoo! Credits Baby!

20. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Rooney Super Style3 Size1
    TOBS Avocado cream
    TOBS Rose cream
    cuppa samples of Floris JF Cream and Balm
    .....pictures tomorrow.

:happy088 to Jim at www.vintagebladesllc.com
    Great vendor, very patient and extremely helpful.
    Sent a hand written note with my package, as well.
    Very classy gent !