The Haul: April 9th - April 15th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Smoothy, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Have started this week by scoring more blades for my yet-to-arrive Schick Adjustable - 120 NOS Schick Injector blades in Vendor's Box. Although old, the Vendor assures me that they are still shaving very well. I'll take his word for it as he enjoys a very good rep, there must be a reason for that...)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

macaronus, wyatt46, PanChango and 9 others like this.
  2. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Please let us know how they shave!

Smoothy likes this.
  3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

:signs011: They look great, fantastic packaging

Smoothy likes this.
  4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

As long as they aren't rusty they should be good to go.

Smoothy likes this.
  5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

As promised:
    pifhaul.jpg

macaronus, wyatt46, PanChango and 7 others like this.
  6. vegasvics

vegasvics Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    GFT Eucris trifecta. Thanks to Phil @ BullGoose

macaronus, wyatt46, PanChango and 4 others like this.
  7. burnout961

burnout961 Well-Known Member

Got my pifs from tuco99 today, Nivea extra moisture shave cream, just used it and I like it:) DFS+ 2 pass (wtg,atg) with a Lord Super (3rd shave) in '40's gold tech.
    Also newbie blade sampler - Astra Superior Platinum,Voskhod,Lord Platinum,Iridium Super, Crystal Platinum Chrome,Rapira,Shark,Gillette Goal,Perma Sharp Super,andDerby Extra.
    Thanks again tuco:bounce015:

macaronus, wyatt46 and lradke like this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I got a razor blade tin (for my travel bag) and 2 Gillette DE's.
    [​IMG]

The Super Speed is from 1956, the year my husband was born. I plan to give it to him as a gift, on the day of his law school commencement. The Tech is from 1959, the year I was born.

macaronus, wyatt46, PanChango and 8 others like this.
  9. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

Got my PIF razor in the mail today. Super excited. Great shaver and a beauty.
    4912haula.jpg 4912 haaul b.jpg

Thanks to JoAnna and Glen for their incredible generosity.

10. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

That's what I'm hoping for as well.. I did put a lot of faith into one person's online-auction-site-reputation and rating, now I'll have to 'wait and have a cup of tea' as we say sometimes... Btw, nice-looking Schick Krona DE (??) with your Injector.

@byrd: Congrats, that is one very nice straight indeed!

battle.munky likes this.
  11. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

What awaited me when I got home from work yesterday! Finally got my birth year Fatboy - 1961. Not a very good picture - but it is in great shape - no brassing; perfect function.
    The Frank Shaving is his Best Badger, with an overstuffed knot. Frankly (pun intended ;) ), it looks and feels like silver tip. I like big, full brushes, and yes, I get lather everywhere! To me, a lather hog is just a brush with endless reserves of goodness... I was on pins and needles with the Iridiums and Polsilvers - but they are genuine! Already love Voskhod, so assume I will like the Rapira and Lapas as well... Now off to try a Polsilver for the first time... happy!
    :happy069:

IMG_2994.jpg

tuco99, wyatt46, lradke and 6 others like this.
  12. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

IMG_1221.JPG
    I bought my first puck of Shave Den soap "Monkey Farts". I'm almost positive that monkey's farts:rofl: do not smell as awesome as this soap does.
    I also picked up a sample of after shave milk, Angel type. JoAnn added a sachet of her newest creation air freshener great new product. :happy088:

From Franks Best, I picked up the infamous #6 brush and a pack of ZAZA blades. I like trying new products, the blades seemed very interesting, when I try that out I will write a review.

Shawna, macaronus, tuco99 and 8 others like this.
  13. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

WOW, THAT's a beauty! You're lucky!!! Congrats with that finest razor! Glen made a great work, as always!

byrd likes this.
  14. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Cursed Canada Post but finally got here!
    [​IMG]

lradke, Asd, macaronus and 5 others like this.
  15. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Everytime I see a pic of this razor I cry a little from jealousy.
    I hope it gives you many great shaves!

burnout961, macaronus and byrd like this.
  16. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Small Haul,
    My Dad picked me up some Wilki blades across the border in Port Huron
    About 1/8 the cost I would pay here in Paris Ontario
    Wilki.JPG

lradke, Asd, GDCarrington and 5 others like this.
  17. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

1955 Gillette Diplomat:
    Found this thing on Ebay for what I think was a pretty good price. They only had one picture and almost no details so I was a little nervous about this one. When it showed up today I was pleasantly surprised.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

The case shows its age but is altogether in pretty good shape. The razor looks great. I wouldn't say its in mint condition, but it's definitely the best looking vintage I have bought.

tuco99, battle.munky, lradke and 3 others like this.
  18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent catch!

byrd likes this.
  19. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

My vintage Williams arrived. I bough two pucks on Ebay for about $11 delivered. I'm just putting this up in my closet. I have enough in rotation already.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tuco99, byrd, GDCarrington and 2 others like this.
  20. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

My order from Connaught came today. I am a big fan of Mitchell's shower gel so I bought more. Although I think my wife is going to snag it from me. I also bought the hand cream and shampoo. I think I will really enjoy these products! Lanolin and me are the best of friends! One thing though...when my wife saw what I ordered she pretty much said "Wow! You bought all that for me? Thanks!" So I guess I will see how much of it I really get to use.

uploadfromtaptalk1334389231274.jpg

tuco99, GDCarrington and awake2shave like this.