The Haul: August 10th - August 16th, 2009

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Aug 10, 2009.

1. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Great looking stuff, Phil & Jimmy.

2. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I have spoken to Provence Santé customer services, who are very helpful and I will receive 2 more shaving soaps and my Cologne. Provence Santé will also reformulate the Shaving cream in 2010 and she agreed that a natural product should not contain SLES and that will be removed, it's just that the Men's Line is the oldest product line they have. Which I have to say is not uncommon, when I look at my older Bodyshop products, they contain parabens and other ingredients which they wouldn't contain today (I hope).

3. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Im glad to hear that theyre reformulating and taking away the SLES.European laws are going strict about the use of parabens, SLS and SLES.La Toja have re formulated too the shaving creams so I have to get a new one too see the new ingredients list.

4. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

This was the written response regarding SLES:

Concerning the Sodium Laureth Sulphate, we agree that this is not a natural ingredient and as we have not technical slips for the men's line (contrary to all other products) you did not know the composition. As we said by phone, the men's line will be reformulated and repacked completely in 2010 and we will try to follow the new European Labelling for Organic and for Natural cosmetics. This Label is currently in discussion, if you are interested to follow the discussion, have a look at http://www.cosmos-standard.org/ .

I have no idea what the future holds for SLES et al in the EU, but would like it not included in products marketed as Natural. I haven't looked at the link yet :ashamed001.