The Haul: August 15th - August 21st, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Dridecker, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Get some new goodies this week? Post 'em in here for all to see, and remember:

[​IMG]

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

It's been a few weeks since I last showed my new acquisitions, so here they are. The first travel kit is made in England, but is missing a few bits that Grant has so kindly offered to send to me to complete it.

The next is of my Schick Krona, a Merkur Slant, and 3 GEM single edge razors.

A new and then a mini Barbicide jars.

The Great smelling 4711 I learned about on here.

And my 2nd English Travel Kit that I bought from Grant. This one was the complete kit and in fantastic shape.

Travel Kit 1.jpg Travel Kit 1 (b).jpg Travel Kit 1 (b).jpg Krona, Slant and 3 SE GEMS.jpg Barbicide Jar.jpg 2nd smaller Barbicide Jar.jpg 4711.jpg Travel Kit 2.jpg Travel Kit 2 (a).jpg Travel Kit 2 (b).jpg

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, this needs no long winded explanation. Let's just say a full bottle of this is very difficult to come by.

[​IMG]

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

5. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I managed to get into town today and collect my Tabac shave cream from the post office today, I saw the TOBS set 2 soaps and 75ml shave cream for £8.00 so i had to buy at that price.:)

Attached Files:

6. freebird

freebird Active Member

Yesterdays post brought my first new DE, a gold Merkur Futur to go with the gold Futur brush I picked up awhile back.
    After noticing some brassing on my Gillettes, I figured it was time for them to retire. I'll probably start looking for a open comb Merkur 1904 in the next few weeks.

[​IMG]

stingraysrock and GDCarrington like this.
  7. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Very nice little haul there.

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Very nice and shiny! You will enjoy your shaves with those!

9. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I got a gold futur recently, fantastic shaver, it looks dam fine with the matching brush nice haul.

10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Very nice shave rig!

11. freebird

freebird Active Member

Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to trying this bad boy out, but with my slow beard growth it will be Sunday at the earliest.

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well this razor really needs no introduction, but it becomes a part of this weeks haul for me.

[​IMG]

Thanks Jody!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  13. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

And it is just as sleek in your possession! Congrats, that thing is beautiful.

14. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:signs011: Hope it serves you well!

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Another razor that has arrived and had been cleaned this week is a 1941 Ranger Tech with Case. This is the second 1941 Ranger Tech that I have. Both cleaned up very well and their cases are in good shape. Here is 1941 Ranger Tech #2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IAmTheJody and Brian like this.
  16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I love the Milady Decolletee sets that came out in the 1920s. Some from Canada, some the US, and some from England. When the 24 carat gold holds up they look stunning. Worked as a way to encourage the ladies to try out DE shaving.

My latest:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Made in the UK. And looks lke new...

IAmTheJody likes this.
  17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

And the well known Thiers Issard company who made some excellent straight razors, also made at least one DE razor that I was fortunate to find.

[​IMG]
    The glare on the head is not worn plating, but reflection from the sun.

Beautiful nickel plating.
    [​IMG]

And a very nice case for this little beauty.
    [​IMG]

18. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Awesome hauls Jake! Where do you find such nice & rare razors?

19. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Got this as a gift yesterday, my first product in the "Luxury British" category

battle.munky likes this.
  20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent specimens!

alpla444 likes this.