The Haul: August 22nd - August 28th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Aug 22, 2011.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Getting to the end of summer. Fall scents and a little crisper air. What's in yer haul this week? Pics always appreciated.

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Got a 24 mm PC Woodcraft super badger knot in today. Looks really nice in the brush. We'll see how she shaves Wednesday.

reknot_.jpg

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I had to pick up a new phone today as my HTC Hero decided it no longer wanted to work.

Ended up with a Samsung Nexus S.

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Monday From Florida!

Today in the mail is:

Copperhat Custom Horse. This is a super soft brush. If I was not told it was horse, I would swear it is badger.

Strivel Adjustable. (nabbed from Damon off the B/S/T) Odd little duck this razor is...

Three packs of Feather's (traded with dadvest / Mike)

Brut styptic pencil (bought locally at Winn Dixie)

A copy of The Big Lebowski

Have a great week Ya'll!

DSC01633 (Custom).JPG

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well here is an interesting haul. I had the Neillite Four Hundred head and base plate but no handle. The base plate only had a minor scuff which is good for these razors given that they are bakelite. I received a Neillite Four Hundred with a damaged head and so the correct handle could be used with the good head and base plate. Now it is a complete unit.
    This is an aggressive shaving razor since I put it on a tech handle to find out how it shaved before I received the correct handle.

[​IMG]

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Don't you love the Big Fellows in their distinctive wooden cases. I located this beauty and am glad to add it to my collection.

[​IMG]

With it's multi-language instruction booklet too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wyatt46, swarden43, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
  7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I have a real attraction to the British open comb Popular model and the #45 is no exception. Here is a set that appears to have been sent my way via a time machine. Really charming and what a beauty.

[​IMG]
    Great shipper and a great list price from the late 1930s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    With directions for use -- in case I didn't know...

[​IMG]
    Really looks like one of those "left in a draweer after being purchased new in 1938" and now part of an estate sale that I was fortunate enough to have purchased.

wyatt46, swarden43, Hanzo and 3 others like this.
  8. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Wow stunning I've got afew new bits some I will only get next wk, some will be October!
    Hey Jake I joke that jody has a time machine, do u2 have a joint venture or would that be a time share. Any way another great find, I love the case.

9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Ha! Jake somehow, someway always finds the nice ones. When I find a nice minty set, it's rare. Jake finds them all of the time. I still don't own a Popular and I think he's got 4 or 5 now.

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

[​IMG]

Back card and "Blank Blade" still in place.

Asd and PanChango like this.
  11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Nice hauls everyone.

Jake those are some sweet looking razors and great photos.

12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I had an adjustable personna injector that I loved the look of. Unfortunately I couldnt get a shave to save my life from the thing.

I haven't used the fixed version. Are you going to use it or just keep in the den?

If you use it, please post your thoughts.

GDCarrington likes this.
  13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I hope to use it soon after the next two razors in the rotation.

I have a Pal Adjustable. It shaved O.K. but not as good as the Schick Adjustable.

They look great though!

14. tristen

tristen Member

I got these in a good will auction... ... ... they came bundled with the Schick Injector :p

Top-to-bottom
    MB Razor Co
    GenCo Co - Gold Seal Jr
    Wedge - Salamander
    Ontario Cutlery Co
    HDFH & Co

[​IMG]

Asd and GDCarrington like this.
  15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Jackpot! Excellent haul!

16. tristen

tristen Member

the short one will prolly be quite useful for shaping up sideburns and such ^_^

17. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Got these two brochures from 1930 in yesterday... I got it for the New Gillette Blade brochure so if anyone collects Probak razors, hit me up with a PM and I'll PIF you the Probak brochure, no charge... (edit: Probak brochure claimed and nolonger available)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Today I bring you a Frankenrazor. I received a Century handle, but no head. I also had a Gillette Old Head available with no handle. Therefore, these two were merged into one razor.
    It has a nice handle length and a weighted to the head. Interesting combination.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. tristen

tristen Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314386127.982103.jpg

A pair of antique glasses

PanChango and Hanzo like this.
  20. freebird

freebird Active Member

Kewl Glasses!

Finally finished customizing my Winchester 94. I had the gunsmith to blue & case-harden it, add a saddle ring, add full buckhorn sites and a stock front site with hood. I took the stock to a local Amish fellow for re-finishing. I was going to do the stock myself but the Oklahoma heatwave just wouldn't allow that (read health problems lol) The basketweave saddle scabbard I purchased from my Bro.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

GDCarrington, PanChango and swarden43 like this.