The Haul: December 19th - December 25th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Dec 19, 2011.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Oh, this should be a good week as it includes Christmas hauls! Bonus egg nog for pictures! :santa

scott wein likes this.
  2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1030806(1).JPG

Big haul for me this week (so far anyway)
    Muhle R-41
    Mystic men shave cream (bulgarian I think never tried it I;m sure Jeff will give me an idea on it)
    Omega soap
    Omega 10275 boar 22m knott
    Proraso ASB (this one is staying in poland as secret santa got me one for home)
    Wars classic aftershave
    L'Occitaine CADE EDT (I really like trhe smell of CADE not every one's taste I know):)

scott wein, rodd, Mechguy and 8 others like this.
  3. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

I received a pak of VOSKHOD blades today from tuco99
    Thanks!
    I have heard good things, will try this afternoon

VosKhod.JPG

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My friend, I am afraid I never tried that Mystic cream - I'm the wrong guy to ask! :rofl: Enjoy the stuff you received!

Mechguy likes this.
  5. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Mini haul in the mail today,some blades from Wyatt46
    IMG_0081 (Medium).JPG

6. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1030808(1).JPG

Some ASB and after shave (bought only for cheap week, and for when I'm in work, very citrus type smell) very fresh:)

7. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Received this in the mail yesterday from an unknown source. Does anyone know anything about this brand of after shave?

Pitralon Classic.jpg

8. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

But if you would send him a sample "hint-hint" he would be happy to review it for you.

scott wein likes this.
  9. Mechguy

My monday haul

Two ounce goo-tubes for travelling. I will review them after I get a chance to use them a bit. I can use them for shaving cream or aftershave while travelling. My shampoo bottle ruptured during my last trip so I needed to replace it, it lasted for about five years, so I hope these work out well. They have a large opening to fill, are squeeze tubes, and have a suction cup to put on a mirror or tile. They got very good reviews from other travellers.

Just a note, the pineapple, coffee, and mug were just in the way, but the coffee if great if you like a good dark roast.

Haul 19DEC11 001.jpg

10. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Last week I had my birthday party at a fav eatery called Red Hot & Blue. So a non-shave-related haul for me included:
    A Kindle Fire
    A HP H470 Travel Printer. In my line of work, I'm not allowed to use hotel common computer services. My old one finally died.
    And a Barlow (a particular weakness of mine :D)
    DSCN1723-1a.jpg

DSCN1724-1b.jpg

DSCN1725-1c.jpg

scott wein, Mechguy, tuco99 and 7 others like this.
  11. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

What you got is a wetshaving forum classic. I have never tried it but it had high status among wetshavers, its Swiss or German origin I think. It was not available widely in the US for a number of years so the only way to get it was through one American vendor or the British vendors. I remember one mod on another forum always raving about it and saying it smelled to his delight, like pears. Its still not widely available in America as far as I know.

scott wein likes this.
  12. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Thanks. I will let you know what it smells like when I get it.

scott wein likes this.
  13. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Not the same brand name, but the same tubes just the same; those tubes are golden! They work well for salad dressing in the lunch box or for talc in my tube socks, or any manner of things in between!

Mechguy likes this.
  14. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

+1 on the salad dressing, way better than a baggie or a small bowl.

Mechguy likes this.
  15. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Only an Okie would put salad dressing in a baggie. :)

scott wein likes this.
  16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Big haul...thus far this week. Last night I received an email that I won a Motorola Lapdock for my Atrix. It is the laptop looking computer in the image. This will be very handy for my accounting program. Now I can work on my assignments anywhere!

uploadfromtaptalk1324433900628.jpg

Also my father-in-law dropped off our Christmas gift today. Be wanted us to get it early in case we wanted to use it for Christmas cooking...etc. The pasta maker is mine! I have always wanted one. Now my Italian food can be made from total scratch! :D My wife has always wanted a Bosch machine...and now she has one with all the bells and whistles to go with it! It has been a good few days!

uploadfromtaptalk1324433938975.jpg

scott wein, rodd, Mechguy and 6 others like this.
  17. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

And just where will this homemade Italian cooking take place?:)

18. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

In my kitchen! Oh boy am I excited! (Let's just say if you don't live in Montana...you'd better start driving to make it here in time for Christmas ;) )

scott wein likes this.
  19. Mechguy

I have to admit I never thought of that. Does sound like a good idea as they are food safe and BPA free.
    Thanks for the tip.

20. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Merry Ho Ho to myself! Sold my bottom-dial Fat Boy. Replaced it today with this:

[​IMG]

• 54.64 inch diagonal
    • VIZIO Internet Apps® (V.I.A.) including Netflix
    • Built-in WiFi 802.11n Dual Band
    • TruLED® with Smart Dimming (means full panel LED, no edge-only LED)
    • 1080p Full HD
    • 240Hz SPS Refresh Rate
    • 10,000,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
    • Bluetooth® remote with slide out QWERTY keypad
    • A CNET Editor's Choice

Now it gets to sit in the box until the wall mount arrives. Just happy to have it before most of the big bowl football games and the Super Bowl happen. No more glowing green or missing picture!

scott wein, alpla444, Mechguy and 4 others like this.