The Haul: December 31st, 2007 - January 6, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Dec 31, 2007.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

New Year. New stuff! What'd ya get this week?

(And a Happy New Year to everybody here at TSD!!)

2. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Happy New Year 2008 to all and any .....

Just fresh in some new Parker Razor 3 piece designs. some creams from India as a late Christmas gift (the guy had to look for one week to find these it appears Gillette poo in a can is taking over India aswell ) so my order didnt make it for the Xmas sales but I shall put a new years out for sure ;)

A pre -view on the new Brush designs BarberCulture and Parker are doing a joint venture on this one. its heavy . we will only be releasing Silvertip brushes.

The bad pics dont justify the razors im struck with AWE how heavy and well build they are.

excuse me lads, gotta shave will use the blackhandle one ! :drool :drool

Attached Files:

3. TomH

TomH Welcome Wagon

A very big charley horse in the abdominal and femoral muscels...:mad::mad:
    But I don't tell you what's the cause...:D:D:p:p

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

DO TELL.....sounds interesting.

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

My New Rooney

Look what the USPS just delivered!! My "new" Rooney, Style 3, Size 1!! AND a surprise...a SCS Shavestick! Direct from Steve in SW Florida!!

This brush looks new - and the shavestick IS new! Quite dense and I'm looking forward to comparing it with my Style 2/1. The 3 seems much firmer and more densely packed. I was afraid I was going to have two very similar brushes, but even if so, they LOOK different so I'm good with that. Hard to believe the 3 is going to splay out as much as the 2 though. I just used the Style 2 this morning so I'll try the 3 tomorrow and see how they compare.
    Now if someone will tell me how to use a shavestick...:confused: Great scent, but... what do I do with it? :o

I bought this on 12/28...excellent service from Steve. Thank you so much, bud!!

Attached Files:

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

very beautiful looking brush. I want to try some SCS myself.

7. xChris

xChris Member

Michael,

Just rub the stick all over your wet face -- ATG is preferrable -- to get the soap loaded up in your beard. Next, take your brush directly to your face and begin building lather.

I drier brush is better to prevent slopping soapy water around your bathroom. You can also rub your brush on the stick before moving to your face. Another method is to rub the stick in the bowl that you use for lather building.

After a few tries, you'll get a feel for what's best for you.

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

TSD soaps are what's best for me!! Without question. But Steve's trying to broaden my horizons. :D

Thanks for the lesson, Chris. I've never lathered on my face so we shall see.

(Oh, and don't tell JoAnna about the soap thing...it'll go to her head.)

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Word of advice. I know the BK4 is a bit to floppy for me to face lather...so if you got a stiffer brush use that. I love to use Sticks. I have a couple from QED.

10. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Thanks, Isaac. I have the Tulip and now, the Rooney. Anything but floppy.

As for the Kents, I prefer to think of them as soft and luxurious! I do have to say though, that after a week with the Tulip, it was quite a shock when I went back to the '4!! If you were used to a Chubby, I can only imagine!!! :eek:

11. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Yeah....haha...i was shocked as well......felt like i was using a feather duster after the chubby :p

12. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Or a make-up brush? :rolleyes:

13. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Actually..yeah....haha

Its nice though......for creams. I just prefer stiff scrubby brushes now

14. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

What creams?!...You can get lather from a brick with a BK4!

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Im saying....i prefer to use the BK4 with creams.....if and when i use it.

16. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I love this expression it cracks me up everytime I see it... NOOBS dont Try it!

17. xChris

xChris Member

You're welcome... Oh, and can't argue with you about TSD.

18. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Just got a shipment of free sampel blades including Polsilver, Zorrik and 7 O'clock blades from my pals over at Razor and Brush.

19. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Nice pickup JB.

20. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

A Kent BK8 found a new home. It was the one item I broke down for. I passed up 2 before and I had to have it. Nothing else for a while. :D