The Haul: December 5th - December 11th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

They actaully had one other pipe decanter from Avon, but it was empty so I didn't get it.

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

3. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

I've been looking for a case for my Darwin for a couple of years now. I pick up something every now and then but have always been disapointed. This one from a throw-away ebay bid may actually work out.:D
    DSCN1680b.jpg
    DSCN1678a.jpg

rodd, AABCDS, Dridecker and 5 others like this.
  4. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

[​IMG]

My new Captain Excelia arrived yesterday. The picture does not do it justice

Attached Files:

• 114.jpg
      114.jpg
      File size:
      34.3 KB
      Views:
    rodd, Mechguy, Dridecker and 3 others like this.
  5. vegasvics

vegasvics Well-Known Member

TSD Store
    - ISZ Pre Shave
    - ISZ Shave Cream
    - 2x Voskhod Blades
    - Sample of ISZ Witch Hazel
    (first time I remember wishing for Monday to come early)

Merz Apothecary
    - GFT Coral Skin Food
    - GFT Rose SC (tube)
    - Cella Soap Cream
    - Speick AS

6. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I wanna see those pics. Get the photobucket app & then you can share pics w/out having to upload from a computer. Just copy & paste their image tag & we all get to see your glorious haul!

alpla444 likes this.
  7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

8. vanm66

vanm66 Well-Known Member

150 vintage (NOS) Fuller Club Blue Razor Blades

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I forgot to post here my Dutch delivery. Here's a pic of my 2 shave sticks (1 vintage I think) and 1 "tablet" as they call it. I've lathered each of them once and shaved yesterday with the tablet and today with the vintage stick. These are simply splendid soaps. For only 5 ingredients in the vintage stick it sure did provide a wonderfully slick lather and a great shave.

[​IMG]

Mechguy, wyatt46 and alpla444 like this.
  10. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the photobucket app idea....didnt even think about it!! But heres my loot!

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa330/latherman87/357606dc.jpg

SharpSpine, alpla444 and wyatt46 like this.
  11. Latherman87

Sorry bout the fuzzy pic....I was just in a hurry to get the stuff loaded up.....dont have my silver autostrop in the pic....because id forgot to state that it was only the silver head that came with the gold handle and head so I didnt put it on here.....the Anchor Brand straight razor came from Jeff as part of a trade that me and him have engaged in......awesome blade!!!! Have not got to use manyof the razors in the pic but their times are coming!!! Im especially stoked about the german strop......never ran into one a all and in one I found two but the other was in horrible condition and costed more if you could imagine!

12. Latherman87

"never ran into one at all and in one day" correction to the above statement lol

13. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Mechguy likes this.
  14. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

15. qwkdtsn

qwkdtsn Member

Picked up a "Sight Unseen Deal" from whippeddog including Larry's basic leather strop, pre-treated balsa strop with extra powder, neatsfoot oil, a sample of MWF soap and the key ingredient, a vintage Joseph Allen & Son's NON*XLL "Medium Size Hollow Ground" straight razor which is pretty small at about 4/8 but sharp!
    I also received a shipment from ClassicShaving including a really nice maroon/black nylon and leather double strop (for when I get adept at stropping!), a Parker 91R razor, Merkur blades and a straight razor / brush stand...
    Today I went to GNC and bought a bottle of Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel. I had my eye on a bottle of Dr. Brommer's Tea Tree soap for the shower, which is what my hippie aunt and uncle use, but it was a massive $15 bottle and I'm not sure I would ever get through the whole batch!

16. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

I picked up a real nice Schick G1 Injector from a B&B member this week!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

alpla444, Dridecker, Mechguy and 2 others like this.
  17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, I have wanted a TV version of the Flair Tipped Super Speed with a good case, but someone always outbid me...until now.

I have a C1 version (1 qtr 1957) in an excellent case.

picture 1.jpg

picture 2.jpg

picture 3.jpg

This advertisement is from the early 1950s before the Flair Tip version.

[​IMG]

alpla444, Dridecker, wyatt46 and 3 others like this.
  18. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Very nice!
    I hate to disappoint, but the razor isn't actually a TV, or a match for the case, but a nice set anyway. The flare tip TV superspeeds were all 1958, and the knurling did not have the horizontal grooves. The hard part is finding a good case. I would keep an eye out for a D3.

19. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Good catch Rodd. I didn't look at the knurling closely but you're correct.

20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Not so fast, we all forgot about my box of razors. In this box, I found a Flair Tip Super Speed that has a Delta 3 designator.

DSCF0941 D3.JPG

DSCF0939 D3.JPG

The bottom ring is different than the other Flair Tips that I have.

Your eyesight helped me out immensely this evening and I thank both of you!

Here is a D1 from Mr. Razor for comparison.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.