The Haul: Feb 26 - Mar 4 2007

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by madmedic, Feb 26, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:signs083 can i have some?

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    NO, you can't! :D

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Chris, I never tried any of the Florena a/shaves, but I have a tube of this Arctic shave cream from Florena, and it's miserable, and I mean MISERABLE!

Jeff

4. xChris

xChris Member

Joe & Jeff,

I got these at a local supermarket where I live (Stuttgart, GE). None of them were over $10.00 (~ €7.40).

The Florena balms smell exactly like the creams of the same name/formulation -- I'm taking that as a positive. We're all aware of the association between Nivea & Florena, so I'm hoping these perform as well or better than the Nivea balms available across the U.S.

I'm attaching a photo showing the ingredients list for comparison between the Nivea Energy with Aqua Velva Blue Ice -- looks promising. I'll take a week to try them out one day with one, then the next day with the other. I'll post back on the results.

Attached Files:

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Here's what the mailman brought me today:

- Dovo Proma Klang Bocote (new)
    - Wade&Butcher 7/8
    - Harrison Wedge
    - Wade&Wingfield ~4,5/8

pics will follow after restoration/cleanup/honing

6. xChris

xChris Member

Mmm boy!!!!

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Jepp, very nice haul and the Harrison is in extremely great condition. But I just found out the W&B has a small crack and is unusable in effect. But I don't have to pay for it, already checked back with the nice fella from the German forum who I got the three vintage-straights from.

8. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

The Will G's stuff isn't being made anymore, correct?

Pity... I've heard wonderful things about Will G's stuff, and have always wanted to try it. Anyone know if someone has the recipes and can duplicate/come close to some of his former offerings?

9. Will

Will Nevermind

I hear their maybe some in the works.

Just the Scuttlebutt talking though, nothing in stone.

10. I have only the thinnest sliver of a Willi G. soap left. I tried to buy some from a member on another forum, but he just took my money and skipped out.

May he be doomed to use the same Feather blade every day for the rest of his life.

11. Will

Will Nevermind

Are you for real?:mad: !!!!!!.........let me know if you want his thumbs broke!

12. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

My first shaving brush! Thank you Doc!

Attached Files:

13. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Jay, I have some Will G's if you want it.... both the origional and my duplication of it...

14. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

If he's not interested, I'm calling dibs! It's about time I ordered from you again anyway Sue. ;)

Let me know.

15. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Picked up a nice looking Shavemac Pure Badger. Not a bad little brush, though I'm not a big fan of the bulb shape cut on these. Does work a lot better in a small soap dish than my big Simpson :D

16. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Some new Superstainless blades

Well these just popped up lets see if they are any good they will undergo formal and strict testing........

Im missing carbon steel blades of the same brand so I wrote the guy back why he didnt throw them in probably this is their upperclass blade will see after this I have found 4-5 different brands and types unknown..but one blade at a time I remember the horror when I had to test 6 different blades at the same time.

The slogan of these blades?

When shaving ,the blades will bring you relaxation and pleasure.. ::

Attached Files:

17. crackstar

Mama mia, Rene, was fur eine Klinge ist das, Schatzi? Sehr beeindruckt bin ich!

Jeff

18. Will

Will Nevermind

Rene,

That is a great example of engrish!

Like have shave make happy.:rofl

I must try those blades, they look like something out of a Tokyo Vending Machine.

Mama,

Let me know how the bursh works out, I broke her in pretty good.

19. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Rene, I got a good laugh out of those blades.

20. crackstar

more imported stuff.

My friend was in Cairo, Egypt visiting his family, and he brought me back:

1. 3x Tamara lather shaving cream
    2. 2x Chabrawichi 555 eau de cologne
    3. 1x Ahram lather shaving cream

Jeff