The Haul: February 15th - February 21st, 2010

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Sodapopjones, Feb 15, 2010.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Israeli made stuff!

My aunt and uncle came to visit from Israel, and they brought me some very nice creams, and other stuff from there.

1x Mem shaving cream tube
    1x Lord Emofresh shaving cream tube (made actually in Egypt)
    1x Kolynos shaving cream tube (made actually in Greece)
    1x King Solomon eau de toilette
    1x Lord aftershave

Attached Files:

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

You are correct Jeff, the shaves I have had from those European creams that you so highly recommend have been great! :happy088

Very, very nice Jeff! You are one very lucky man.... :D

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks, Bill. Enjoy those creams you are using, and think of me when you do! Ohhhhhh, my aunt and uncle, who are here visiting are my favorite. They are staying with us. My uncle is also a wetshaver, but he uses only a Merkur Vision, and a cheap no-name brush, and MEM cream, and no aftershave, or fragrances. I still love him very dearly.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Found a brush that feels like boar at an antique store. It looks like banded badger, has a small ivory colored handle with a silver ring around the knot. Printed on the side is "TREVILLE". Below that is "Daxer". And below that is "Made in West Germany". Google came up empty. I'll clean it up and give it a spin tomorrow.

Also ten pounds of Costa Rica Tarrazu - Montes de Oro green coffee beans came in from Sweet Maria's. I do like my coffee, and the freshness of home roasted is the way to go!

I'll try and get a pic or two up later.

5. D Pflaumer

D Pflaumer New Member

Big week for me...

Simpsons "Ehsan" (Colonel X2L in 2-Band Super)
    Cyril Salter Cream- Sublime Citrus
    Truefitt & Hill Cream Sampler (only $8 shipped with the B&B code)
    Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna Cream- NIB

Thinking about trying some Penhaligons too...

6. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Another outing at the local antique stores with my wife. I think I've cleaned all of our local antique stores out of their razors. The prices are a lot better than ebay. Got another Gillette Tech travel kit and a gold Gillette Tech razor. Found a small private drugstore on the way home (getting harder to find those) and picked up some Williams mug shaving soap and some Caswell.Massey preshave oil-no reviews here, anybody ever try this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]