The Haul: January 2016

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2015.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Well, yes and no. Germany, Austria, Sweden, and other countries in Europe still have them apparently by the thousands. But from what I understand the UK no longer is importing them. I believe they're made in Germany.

Robyflexx and Darkbulb like this.
  2. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

How many do you need? ;)

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Palmolive? Just this one I think...unless I love it and might need two :)

4. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I received a belated Christmas gift from my wife today a 400ml bottle of Floid Mentolado Vigoroso. She said the 1st bottle arrived with a cracked cap and a lot of the aftershave leaked out so she returned for a replacement. I've been wanting to try Floid for a long time and I was very surprised to receive it. The Floid has a very nice scent which I'm looking forward to using, I think I'll use it tomorrow and try an "Iberian Peninsula Shave".................

Floid.jpe

5. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Congrats! Those Floid bottles are very pretty and they look great in photos. :)

clint64, LaSalle82 and GatorJoe like this.
  6. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

i think you can, but they dont still make them and they arnt very easy to find.

Jim99 and clint64 like this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Received a $20 lot in the mail yesterday.
    Some interesting things in it;

Williams Shaving soap. Can't tell if it's an old/vintage package or what you can pick up today at your local drugstore.
    Old Spice shaving mug. It wasn't black as I thought but a rather nice dark blue color. Looks really nice.
    [​IMG]
    What I really wanted in the lot was this Ralph Lauren shaving brush.
    It has certainly seen better days..the pewter is bit tarnished and has some scratches and the knot is pretty much shot.
    I really do like the feel and look of it though so I'm thinking it might be worth to have it put back into use....
    [​IMG]

8. Robyflexx

Brother that handle looks awesome the way it is. It looks like a Knight is about to pick it up off the table. :happy088:

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Lol thanks....but once you've seen how they looked new (@PLANofMAN has an excellent RL brush ) it's hard not to try to get closer to that look :)

Robyflexx likes this.
  10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Love the Vigoroso! :happy088:

LaSalle82 and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Nice mug! :happy088: You don't see the blues very often.

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks. Yeah the picture doesn't show off the blue very well but it's really nice in person.
    I think it'll be my SOTD mug tomorrow morning :)

RyX and Robyflexx like this.
  13. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

+1

14. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Saturday 2 things arrived:

[​IMG]

and here it is:

[​IMG]

Had my first shave with it yesterday evening and all i can say is: WOW!!! I will write down my shave a bit later. I´m really really happy that i bought this Razor. :love055::love055::love055:

Greetings
    Thorsten

Misphit, preidy, JR Reyes and 10 others like this.
  15. Robyflexx

Just found and ordered one of my favorite vintage colognes! :happy093::happy036:

[​IMG]

16. Marverel

Went shopping with my wife today and found some really inexpensive aftershaves.

aldihaul Kopie.jpg

I bought the two bottles on the left at Aldi (pretty common in the US nowadays, right?) Never tried them before, but they smell pretty good. The red Tüff is a more tangy variation of my beloved Tüff green. The tin can is a coin bank from a dollar store that I want to use for blade disposal.

Got all this for less than 10 Euros / $11 :)

17. Robyflexx

I shop at Aldi often. Thanks for posting I will check those out! :)

Marverel likes this.
  18. Marverel

I don't think "your" Aldi sells this Aftershave. We've been to some Aldi stores in the US and their product range is completely different from the one in Germany.

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    The Vigoroso has a great menthol/powdery scent with a good deal of staying power. You'll like it.

LaSalle82 likes this.
  20. Robyflexx

Oh no...:(