The Haul: July 16th - July 22nd, 2007

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Jul 16, 2007.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Do what Rick says. My beans are not going to last long. :D

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Rich,

I will be placing an order there soon :D

When I got home, I found a sample of Orange shaving cream in the mailbox, Thanks JoAnna :D Will be trying it out tonight :)

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    You are most welcome, Neale!

Let me know how it goes. Your's will be the first opinion other than my own.

4. CatMan

CatMan Member

Just found your post through the search function. Klaus, how do you like your "Double Arrow"? Where did you get it? I just ordered two of them from the same
    Polish eBay site that sells the Wapis. Can you supply any more info about this razor? Thanks!
    Best regards,
    The other Klaus

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Hi Klaus,

I know almost nothing about these razors and, believe me, I looked for a long time. I got mine from herzi (a member here), he scored it on ebay, that's all know.
    For its shaving qualities: My skin has problems with straights so I'm not objective, but I got mine scary sharp and had a rather comfortable shave with it once - the second time I've tried it was rather horrible, but again, that's probably just my skin.

6. CatMan

CatMan Member

It sounds like the experts are right, and and the steel is so bad that it doesn't hold an edge, at least no longer than one shave. Will see how mine behave when they arrive next week. Thanks for the info!

BTW, I'm convinced that if you have a skin problem, straights are not the problem but can rather be the solution. At least that's what all long term straight users keep saying, and from my limited experience, I happen to agree. Of course, all variables have to be tuned to the optimum. ;)

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

@Klaus: Believe me, I've been a daily straight-shaver for over half a year, tried many different razors and always ended up with razor-burn every other day no matter how much pressure I used, the angle at which I held it etc. My skin is so sensitive in my neck-area I even get razor-burn there if I'm not super-careful with my DEs. In my case my skin really IS the problem.

But, of course, every now and then I still enjoy a straight-shave and let shea-butter handle the burn afterwards :D

8. CatMan

CatMan Member

I'm sorry to hear that. Apparently some people have an even more sensitive skin than mine. :-( Didn't mean to "step on your toes", BTW.
    I can see from your medicine cabinet that you have quite an arsenal! Nothing seems to help, huh? How about wearing a beard for about 6-12 months, to give your skin a break, and then start over. Did you try this? Just a thought ...