The Haul - July 2016

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Very nice chair, looks great!

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Sounds tasty! My mother does something similar, slightly different spices. Fresh garlic, onion, and cayenne pepper. Slow roasted, the juices make a gravy, served over rice.

ob1page likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Stopped at a local cigar bar to pick up an ounce of Perique. They sell cigar boxes for five bucks. Unless you are making a purchase, then I'd suggest taking your time to find a beautiful mahogany unit with brass hinges, a latch, and velvet lining suitable for holding ten straights. Under the tray is space for desiccant.
    cigar box.gif

4. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

I Stuart what it is I picked one up at Value Village for 99 cents. I thought it was a dog dish. Works for me.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Slow Joe likes this.
  5. Roderick

Got my 20 razors today. Photos to come tomorrow. 9 techs, 2 Fat Boy's (1 cased), 1 NEW with Fat handle, 1old type missing the ball from the handle, 1 slim adjustable, 1 black handle Super Adjustable short handle, 1 Paragon OC, 1 Rocket flare tip, 1 MMOC, 1 Slim Twist, and 1 40's Aristocrat.

6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Holy razor burn batman! That's a whole lot of razors! Congrats!!

Slow Joe and ob1page like this.
  7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

My restorations by @HolyRollah arrived today. I'm thrilled!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Roderick

As promised here are the photos.
    The Techs. 2 pre war, 4 Canadian and 3 English
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The adjustables
    [​IMG]
    The TTO's - the Aristocrat is an early one with no notches on the center bar
    [​IMG]
    The OC's. The NEW might be a Frankenrazor, but they were made with the Fat Handle
    [​IMG]
    I also received a Boker King Cutter from my druggist. This straight belonged to his grandfather.
    [​IMG]

9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

What is the OC on the far left ?

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nice Haul @Roderick ! Can't wait to see them polished up. Are you shopping for a larger storage solution? That will make quite a display.

ob1page likes this.
  11. Roderick

That is an English Paragon.

Linuxguile likes this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Gov't issue blade dispenser arrived. Full of gun-blue carbons made by Vulcan Safety Razor Co. Never heard of 'em before. Googling the stock number tells me nothing and I find no substantial mention of who Vulcan was. From the look of the plastics, I'd guess these are late '50s upwards to the '70s.

13. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I notice that about all Waits has to say on them is: "Vulcan Safety Razor Corp. (Sears supplier) 238 Burnett Ave., Maplewood, New Jersey. TM first used 1945."

I'm curious about the idea of Govt.-issued razor blades. I thought all the discussions about post-WW I military razors pointed to razors and blades as being something that the soldier had to purchase from the PX/BX.

AGHisBBS and ob1page like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That's true, I think it's just a federal stock number.

15. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

This just in!

The iKon is the new iKon X3 slant razor with the standard polished Bulldog handle. Gonna use it in a minute :p

[​IMG]

16. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Nice haul. Have a good shave with the Ikon.

17. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Got a chance to do some antique trawling last weekend. No razor finds, but did pick this up for my niece's birthday which is next month:

[​IMG]

English flow blue wall decoration. Her middle name is 'Rose', and she likes blue.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Redfisher, AGHisBBS, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  18. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Received this in the mail today. When I try SE shaving, this will be the one to start with. And it looks like I'm going to need another storage box similar to the cosmetics box I got a little while ago because I have my eye on a couple more items................ IMG_0606.jpg IMG_0607.jpg

19. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Thanks! So far the first shave was not as expected. Rough on and off. Angle and blade choice I suspect.

20. RyX

RyX DoH!

That doesn't look vintage. Is it a modern SE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.