The Haul: June 23 - June 29, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by mastermute, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Actually it wasn't that bad a scent.

2. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Yeah. Ok.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Atleast I know what to send you next April Fool's Day. :p

4. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Wool fat? Like lanolin?

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Ya know.. throw enough Menthol in that unholy monstrosity and it *might* be ok. ;);)

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Lanolin...correct!!

7. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Thanks! I've never tried it in soap. Does it add moisturizing properties?

8. Will

Will Nevermind

Duder,

You have a problem with smelling like Jägermeister? :happy102

9. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Very much so! It doesn't sap that easy though, so go gently!

10. Hi there Irena,
    We finally get a chance to type at each other......heh. You have NO idea how popular that Mitchell's Wool Fat soap is..........pretty amazing really.
    I'v never tried it, but yeah, the lanolin is supposed to help give that soap wonderful qualities......heh.
    Now, as far as harvesting the lanolin goes.........here's my understanding. Think of a very large duck press, if that helps.
    Martin

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Himmlischer Gott, Klaus--ein andere alte Rasierseife aus Osterreich? :eek:

12. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Definitely. The only drink I've ever tried that tasted better coming UP than going DOWN.

13. Jager is a sinful beast !

14. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Very nice! I just recently got into fountain pens and have accumulated a few. I have a Duke 1853 which I love. Its a pretty pen and a fine writer. Zero problems what so ever. I have a Kaigelu which is my most expensive pen to date (10$?) and it has some problems with being an extremely dry writer and is currently a big PITA. I also have a Baoer, a couple Heros and a Pelikan Pelikano. As for ink I've picked up Private Reserve quick dry black which has some issues with feathering on lots of paper, and Noodlers black/red and Ottoman Azure. I'm dieing to get my hands on some of the more expensive pens that flow and write smoother that what I have at the moment. Unfortunately my families coming into some financial troubles due to job cuts and I'm applying to grad school. Not a good place to be in to start liking fine writing instruments. How do you like the Hero? If you're looking for great prices on some asian pens check out www.isellpens.com (I dont remember if I mentioned it earlier).

15. TomH

TomH Welcome Wagon

I've bought this one last Friday:

Allow me to introduce >> Dotti >> [​IMG]

And >> Dotti & Tom >> [​IMG]

16. freebird

freebird Active Member

Actually, I picked the ink up yesterday (Quink blue black) and have been so busy that I haven't taken the time to fill it yet. The Frontier, which didn't write so well in the beginning seems to be getting better. Is there a break in period with fountain pens? It sounds like you've gotten some nice ones to start out with. I lucked into the 51 or I couldn't have afforded one of them.
    My Mom gave me an old fountain holder that has a place for a round bottle of ink, unfortnately the quink isn't round lol.Can't have everything I guess.

17. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

KEEN taos all-doody sandals

[​IMG]

18. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Interesting. I've yet to try the quink type of ink. Its not so much a break in period as the evolution of the pen. As you write the edges become smoother and smoother and the pen adapts to your writing style. This could also mean the tip of the nib is stretched and changes shape which could change ink flow charactaristics. I'm just at the point where I wonder what a more expensive pen feels like. I think visconti inks are round. You could also look for an ink well that will fit in the holder.

19. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I have two very nice fountain pens that i really wish I could use. With triple copies at work, the fountain pen is impracticle.

20. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I got a pair of Keens too, best shoes I've ever worn! Great haul!