The Haul: March 19 - March 25, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Mar 18, 2012.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Spring is here (seems early...and hot already). But the change of seasons is a great time to try new stuff. So get some! (And then share with us!) :signs154:(And some of these are always appreciated)

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I'm @ 2 weeks late in posting these :o , but a big "THANK YOU!" goes out to JoAnna!

[​IMG]

Hanzo, fishcrow, Asd and 10 others like this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Is that SubZero Menthol Pizza coupons too??!! :Animatedfrozensmily::eatdrink023::happy102:

fishcrow, lradke and Queen of Blades like this.
  4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1040004(1).JPG
    Bought this a few weeks ago, I've not tried it yet.

Smoothy, Hanzo, fishcrow and 7 others like this.
  5. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

What flavor of milk have you got there?

alpla444, fishcrow and Neolithium like this.
  6. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Ok as promised I am now loading pics of all my recent hauls in the past week...

1. From Jody -Schick Injector Razor and a puck of Williams Mug soap
    securedownload-2.jpeg

2.From Cleave (cpool222)- German Made Boar Brush and Vitos Tobacco Cologne
    securedownload.jpeg

3.From the mighty generous CyanideMetal (Randy)- 1940's Super Speed and he even surprised me with an extra!!!!! A 68' Black Handle Flare Tip Super Speed...thanks bro!!
    securedownload-1.jpeg

4.From a store on Etsy called Mundus I received a Tallow and Lanolin 4oz. Shave soap "Brave" scent...and she even surprised me with 2 extra sample bars of hand soap!! Its been a good week!!! Have not tried this soap yet seeing as how I have already shaved for the day and I JUST got it in the mail....so tomorrow I will post updates on this soap...and if all is well I shall recommend it to all you shavers out there....its only $5 for a 4oz. puck. Great value and I hope the shave is even better!
    securedownload-3.jpeg

Okay fellas...update on the Mundus "Brave" scent shave soap........its a bit bubbly lather.....starts to dissipate a bit but not major....it does perform nicely though when it comes to razor glide and scent......it does not dissipate as fast or as bad as Williams though....so I think a lot of people would like this soap.....the scent is AMAZING!! I topped it off with my Vitos Tobacco Cologne and wow what a combo!! Smelt wonderful for over half the day...then it got to faint. Colognes never last long on me anyways but the soap scent was still goin strong....not a heavy scent but a pleasant light scent that lingers all day long. I would recommend this soap as long as you are not too picky on your lather!!

alpla444, Smoothy, fishcrow and 7 others like this.
  7. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Had an amazing haul today. First, forgot that I had ordered a couple Razorock items: Caprician Lemon Artisan Soap, RazoRock Alum. More importantly, you'll see the reason that the members of this forum are so great! Randy decided to surprise me with an amazing PIF: A slim adjustable and you see that metal tub with soap in it? Well, Randy knows how fanatical I am about P.160, so he PIF'd me a big chunk of his 2011 LE Razorock Soap!!! (for the uninitiated, it smells exactly like P160)!!! Thank you so much CyanideMetal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2012-03-19 16.18.44.jpg

alpla444, Smoothy, Hanzo and 8 others like this.
  8. CyanideMetal

Lather up, Baby!!!! :happy108:LOL

macaronus and blanka like this.
  9. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

This was waiting for me at home today, my first TTO, a Gillette Super Speed. It was generously PIF'd to me by Dusty5150, and is in excellent shape. Thanks, Dusty5150!

[​IMG]

alpla444, Smoothy, fishcrow and 6 others like this.
  10. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Received this morning by mail the new iPad for my wife as well, from a colleague at work returning from a trip, this below:

[​IMG]

alpla444, battle.munky, Hanzo and 7 others like this.
  11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Yesterday's (Monday) mail brought me this NOS Colibri Shark lighter. Made in 1999. Fantastic lighter and got it for a steal.

[​IMG]

12. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Ok.......I confess. I sometime scan through other forums to see what deals I can find. This one arrived today from a private sale:

[​IMG]

This is a C.J.B Korean made razor which is of similar design to the Japanese Style Feather RG. It is sold in Korea with a pack of Feather blades for $13. Needles to say it cost a bit more by the time it reached me......but excluding postage...I paid just slightly more than the cost of a pack of blades, here in the UK. It is not Feather finish/quality.....but seems to be extremely good value for money. The razor was supplied with 20 feathers!

alpla444, Smoothy, Hanzo and 9 others like this.
  13. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

So here's the birthday haul, still quite a bit in the mail system as well though. Here's the list:

Pinaud Clubman V.I Bay Rum
    Pinaud Clubman Classic
    Floid Blue
    RazoRock Chianti Lavender
    RazoRock Third Eye
    Vitos Extra Super
    Vitos Extra Super Coconut
    Simspons Chubby 1
    Vie-Long Horse/Badger Mix
    Merkur 1904 Open Comb
    Schick E2 Injector

The injector looked pretty rough off the bat, but I figured for $9, who can complain. Cleaned up VERY nicely with some scrubbing bubbles. Has a few vintage blades left in there, but I think I may order some new ones to try it out first.

Attached Files:

alpla444, Latherman87, tuco99 and 5 others like this.
  14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

A really nice Haul from Shaveabuck!
    2x Lea Menthol sc tubes
    1x Mystic sc tube
    1x Pika (aka Nuka) sc tube (the red box)
    1x Sabi black handle DE (a big surprise to me!)

Can anyone tell me about the Sabi? I have no clue how it is! :)

40-321-large.jpg d62eee0ed37db32d858ece715a80c8af_image_100x144.jpg 0f74f42529bbd9a092d940ce4b0769af_image_100x128.jpg 0edda9ed1860fd77082dcbafda06d6e9_image_150x87.jpg

alpla444, Smoothy, fishcrow and 8 others like this.
  15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

It was the Fascinate scent, for the ladies in the house to try out.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  16. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

IMG_1369.JPG
    My most recent additions from Italian Barber.

alpla444, Smoothy, tuco99 and 3 others like this.
  17. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I received my first Dutch PIF today from Mike (macaronus). Can't wait to start breaking in the brush.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

alpla444, Smoothy, fishcrow and 3 others like this.
  18. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Customs really did a number on my Bestshave.net order and than didn't tape it up very well.After discovering that there were rivals to THE arko stick I just had to order some.Ordered on March 12th received on March 21st. now that was fast.Check out the fume soap, missing one Derby stick and squeeze open one of the Vikings.
    IMG_0134 (Small).JPG IMG_0135 (Small).JPG

19. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

So I tried that RR Limited Edition soap this morning...awesome stuff! Nearly indistinguishable from P.160. Thanks again for the fabulous PIF, Randy!

20. CyanideMetal

Very welcome!