The Haul: March 26th - April 1st, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Mar 26, 2012.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

A new haul for the week. Spring is really in bloom here in the South, as I think in much of the U.S. Hope the rest of you are faring well, too! Show us what the Easter bunny in bringing you! Pics always appreciated.

2. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

To be fair this is just part of few weeks worth recent hauls . The rest of the pictures to come over the next few days. I just found my camera and until now hadn't really taken any pictures. Never the less here they are.

retry.jpg

Razors
    From left to right:

Schick - Deffinatly not a kona. Schick is written on the head twice, found at 2nd hand store yesterday for 5 bucks

Merkur 25c

Gilette super speed date code R3 from what I've read I think it is a 1971.

Model 4 Ship brand - Dollar store razor named because its the 4th model of razor I have found in the same case that has SHIP safety razor written on it.

Blades

Perfect blades 5 pack- are not so perfect as they are rusted

Polsilver x25- My new love first blade is on run 7 with hopes tommarow may yeild an 8th shave. After averaging out auction prices and blade counts were a steal at .36 cents a blade.

Super Iridium x30 - Also a steal at .31 cents a blade.

Star blades 5 pack- Pack is worn but the blades are in mint condition. Will be next in my rotation when the Polsilver dies.

The blade holders came in a lot with the star and perfect blades and a hair trimmer not pictured. lot

wyatt46, Asd, GDCarrington and 7 others like this.
  3. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Just arrived from the Netherlands: an English-made 1960's Gillette Flare Tip Rocket - can't wait to compare it to my beloved Red Tip SS

Also, I have now been bitten by the Injector bug (as I already have a soft spot for SE's), so I have ordered over the weekend this magnificent gold-plated 1965 Schick Adjustable M1 Injector as well as, through separate order, 20 of these Schick Eversharp Custom Injector blades in Swedish Steel as well as, for comparison, a box of 20 Personna stainless PFTE coated Injector blades. Funnily enough, I am usually not at all inclined towards 'gold-plated' razors, neither DEs nor GEMs. This Adjustable however just did it for me, I couldn't resist... All of these orders should arrive within the next few days. The Injector will however have to wait for the test shave as next week will be Rocket week!

Addendum: Just now scored as well 4 packs (total of 28 blades) of NOS Personna Ultra-Chrome, Electro-coated Injector blades from the '60's. Am curious to see (feel) how they'll compare to the modern-day PFTE-coated Personna's.

tuco99, ajdhn, GDCarrington and 2 others like this.
  4. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Some stuff is still in the mail, all of my stuff from England is held up at customs unfortunately but I did get my R41 and my Speick shaving cream which I plan on using tomorrow morning. Also got my new dress uniform jacket but that doesn't really count lol. I'll add a pic of the razor and cream a little later!

5. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

My haul for the week is a pair of Dirtybird pottery Scuttles. The one on the left is a travel scuttle and the one on the right is a 1.5 scuttle.

P1010051.JPG

another package arrived today with my BGS2012 Horse hair brush from Bullgooseshaving.net and a tube of Palmolive shave cream

P1010055.JPG

wyatt46, Asd, GDCarrington and 4 others like this.
  6. thinklikeh20

thinklikeh20 Active Member

Well I haven't been wetshaving very long, but Ive been bit BAD by the acquisition bug. Here is all of the stuff I purchased for my birthday (29th). Most of this stuff came in last week or today, If anyone has anyone detailed questions about the products let me know.

-Bestshave haul, couple hundred razors, Yuma DE, various creams and soaps, and a horse hair brush
    [​IMG]

Here is my intro to straight razor shaving, a sight unseen deal from whipped dog, couple cheepo pakistani's to practice honing. Hidden in this picture is a REAL gift to myself of a elk antler/badger brush and German 6/8 razor from Glen at gemstar razor. Im also working on acquiring honing stones, ill have an 250/1000, 1000/6000, and natural japanese C-nat for finishing along with the balsa paddle included in the sight unseen kit, any opinion on this for starting out? Ive been practicing on the cheepo's and looking at my work under a high powered microscope.
    [​IMG]

Extra large bottle of VITOS (wonderful powder scent) and some Florida Water (love this stuff as well, just unsure how to use properly).
    [​IMG]

Last but not least are two new DE razors. After falling in love with my R41 I figured I would try some open combs, so I purchased a Merkur 11c before they are all gone, and a 41c. I really like the 11c.
    [​IMG]

That's all for now, I seriously cannot justify buying more products, but I would be lying if I said I don't have one final package of TheShaveDen soaps and aftershaves on the way....

7. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Great Googly Moogly!

Now just find you a SE razor & some blades & you should be set... For at least a month. ;)

Hanzo likes this.
  8. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

:signs011: wow should keep you going for awhile;)

9. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

Menthol & boar haul, looking forward to Thursdays SoS

foto.JPG

tuco99, Asd, Mechguy and 3 others like this.
  10. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1040020(1).JPG P1040021(1).JPG
    My latest razor, I have more pics posted in a seperate thread, and I will post some after cleaning in that tread

Smoothy, tuco99, Asd and 5 others like this.
  11. Holy crap, thinklikeh... Don't be afraid to spend a little money on shaving gear once in a while...

12. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Don't worry. As soon as he puts one of those Racer blades to his face, he'll realize not to buy everything. :happy097:

byrd, battle.munky, alpla444 and 3 others like this.
  13. thinklikeh20

thinklikeh20 Active Member

considering that the shark super stainless are one of my favorites I am inclined to think the racers are ok seeing as they are made by the same company. I shaved with one last night and had no issues, but they seem a little stiffer than sharks so I'm going to try them in a couple different razors.

everyone can use expensive blade's, I like the Israelis, so more for me.
    that cheap horse hair brush is shaping up to be a winner as well.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  14. Neolithium

[​IMG]

Just got back from Wainwright and had a great surprise in the mail, 2 packages that were held up in customs from England!

Smoothy, tuco99, Latherman87 and 6 others like this.
  15. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Fine haul there justin Proraso red wow!!!!

16. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

17. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

:signs011:

18. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

That's the new Proraso Sandalwood, not the old, original Proraso Red. Just thought I'd point that out. lol

Asd, byrd, blanka and 1 other person like this.
  19. Neolithium

True. I should have mentioned that so no one assumed it was a lucky haul of Proraso wheat. Still I'm giving away one of these Sandalwood tubes this month! Still a day or two to get in on the PIF!!!!

20. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Ahhh, but still very nice,

IAmTheJody likes this.