The Haul: May 5th - 11th, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, May 5, 2008.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

May? Already? Geez, but the time does fly! Anyone got their Christmas list ready yet!? :happy102

Anyway, post 'em if ya got 'em! (er, pics that is...although if you already have a Christmas list, I guess you could post that, too! :D )

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

WOOOOHOOOOO for once.

1 tube of GFT Almond
    1 wooden bowl + puck of GFT sandalwood
    1 tube of Kiehls Facial Fuel moisturizer

Also got a ton of Kiehls samples, a Creed sample, some AOS samples, and discovered I like lavender.

3. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

this is a multiple-haul haul. It tooks weeks to accumulate all this great stuff
    Laphroig 10 year
    Clubman Eau de Quinine Hair Tonic
    Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave/cologne
    Nancy Boy Replenishing Moisturizer Cream
    Nancy Boy Replenishing After Shave Gel
    Nancy Boy FAce cleaner stuff
    Lucky Tiger Bay Rum After Shave Splash
    Merkur Progress
    2006 B&B fancy pants Silver Tip Brush
    Co Bigelow Shave Cream

I think that's all of it

Attached Files:

• Haul.jpg
      Haul.jpg
      File size:
      160.3 KB
      Views:
  4. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

I DO have my christmas list ready. It's actually a year round running tally of exactly how greedy I am. I have a platinum version available for the discriminating gift-giver for a one time fee of only $6.95. PM Me if interested
    [​IMG]

5. freebird

freebird Active Member

Where do I begin lol.
    I picked up this old shaving mirror and a c&e scuttle on ebay.
    The mirror ran 32.90 and the scuttle 21.20.....both prices include shipping. The pics of these were the ones listed on ebay. I'll make a few more when they arrive.

Today, I visited an Antique store. I asked about straight razors, but they had none. They did have (at least) one shaving mug and brush. I picked those up for 10.00 for the pair. If you know anything about the manufacturer of the brush, let me know.....it appears to have a stylized H under the Made In USA.

The last pic of a shaving mirror is one already in my posession. We've had it for over 30 years, the fellow it was purchased from said it had beloned to his great grandfather. Dad said the fellow he bought it from was in his late 60's or early 70's when he bought it, he gave 5.00 for it.

numbertwoshavingmirror.jpg numbertwoshavingmirror1.jpg c&e scuttle.jpg

shaving mug and brush 016.jpg shaving mug and brush 018.jpg shaving mug and brush 020.jpg

shaving mug and brush 022.jpg shaving mug and brush 023.jpg lamp_edited.jpg

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

that top mirror for 30 shipped was a steal. if zou ever want to sell it let me know

7. freebird

freebird Active Member

Ok, will do. May be sooner than I would hope, but not positive yet.

My insulin pump died on me last night and I may wind up liquidating some of my goodies for the mechanical pancreas replacement fund. At last check, they were going for 6,000 a few months ago.

I do have something in the works with another pump manufacturer, all depends on how things go with them.

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :eek: $6000??? (I don't have a pump. Not sure I want one now either.)

Sorry to hear it died on you.

9. freebird

freebird Active Member

Thanks :) The one for 6,000 was one of the new hight tech, check your blood sugar every few minute pumps. Mine was 5,000 about 5 years ago, fortunately I had insurance and they paid 100% on it.

Figuring the cost of them against the good they do, makes them worth it. Pre pump my A1C's were 7.5-8.5, my last one, with the pump was 6.3.

10. Queen of Blades

If I had $6000 I guess I might go for that, if it checks my blood sugar, at all. Every few minutes is sweet! :happy088

Insurance itself would be pretty sweet. :ashamed001

11. freebird

freebird Active Member

Yes it is. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of trying to get my disability. It will be 4 years the first of next year since I first applied. I had a court hearing in February, the vocational counselor even said that after looking at my Dr's reports that I was unable to work. Had to wait 3 months for a ruling, when it got here the judge had ignored most of the evidence and ruled against.. :angry032

12. Queen of Blades

That sucks!

13. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Simpson Duke 1 Best Badger

14. freebird

freebird Active Member

uh huh, and I used to think that dealing with the employment office was difficult. :eek:

15. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Did someone say NOS? Oh okay, nevermind then. I must've been thinking about my razors.. :cool:

Any smudges you see are from my fingers. The stuff you see on the first blade's edge is paper from the packaging. Both razors are mint.

[​IMG]

16. biomesh

biomesh New Member

I would check with the insulin pumpers mailing list. You might be able to get a replacement or get a good information on what to do.

FWIW, my minimed 722 was submitted to my insurance at $6200 and the negotiated rate was $4275(this was April of 2007). My insurance covered it at 100% and my a1c has dropped from 7.5% to 6.1%.

17. Padron

Padron Active Member

Welcome to TSD Robert!! :D

Good to see you here :cool:

18. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Nice haul Telly!

19. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Those are very VERY new looking Razors Telly. New things like that are hard to use.. they look so pristine to ruin with water and such. :D

20. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

Here is a quick pick of what came in earlier today.

George town Scuttle in Hamada/Persimmon

[​IMG]