The Haul: November 26 - December 2, 2007

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Nov 26, 2007.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

From Lee's Razors - Thanks Lee!

33C Classic Double Edged Safety Razor Chrome
    33G Classic Double Edged Safety Razor Gold
    x10 Derby Blades
    Lee's Razors Blade Bank
    Sample Geo F. Trumper Coral Skin Food
    Sample Geo F. Trumper Extract of Lime Skin Food

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Lousy compared to the Crabtree and Evelyn Best.

FROM THE DUDE!

1. Erasmic Shower Gel
    1. Erasmic Cream
    1. Erasmic Soap in a bowl
    1. Boots Shave Stick
    1. Ingram Cream
    1. Blix Fresh Cream
    1. 5 pack of Gillette O'Clock Blades.

Thanks to Paul, and Jason.

::git:happy108:1respect

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Dang, thats not good news...oh well at $10 for each starter kit, guess I can't expect alot...I don't know if they will even like it....

I will need to take them out of the package tomorrow for a closer inspection..

If they turn out to like it I can always buy them better brushes :cool:

Thanks for the heads up!

4. MaxP

MaxP Member

This is an EBay win, but I could use help in identifying what model it is. Help please.

Seems to shave okay but not as nice as my Gillette NEW.

Attached Files:

5. CatMan

CatMan Member

My latest acquisition:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The scales are beautiful, aren't they? In case you're wondering, this is a 6/8" hollow ground brand new razor. A Double Arrow. Never heard about? Me neither! It's made in China, and I bought it from Poland. Where else would I look for a Chinese razor that can't be found at Wal-mart? :D If anyone stumbles over information about these razors, please let me know. I tried to research it on the net, - nothing! Doesn't seem to exist! Well, I saw it on the Polish eBay site that sells our beloved Wapis. Therefore I thought, this guy has a good reputation to loose, hence he will not sell crap. I paid a whopping $8.90 + shipping for it. To justify the shipping, I ordered two.

Got them after about a week, cleaned off the protective oil, and started honing. Folks, if you want to feel like a honemeister, this is the way to go! You just need to show this razor to the hone, it will sharpen instantly, - well, almost. It took me about 5 minutes, and I'm certainly not an expert in honing. Pyramid on Norton 4/8k 10/10, 5/5, 3/5, 1/5, 1/5. Then maybe 30 rounds on the Spyderco UF, 30 on the hanging treated (backside) strop, 50 on the front (blank leather), and test shave. I must admit, I was a bit nervous. To my surprise the shave was outstanding! Hard to believe, isn't it? Next day (this morning) I wanted to see if I killed the edge with my shave from the day before, since the metal seemed very soft while honing. So, I did my regular routine, 50 on the regular strop and go. Result: the same great shave as yesterday! Wow! I think this blade deserves a re-scaling! If it wasn't for the somewhat intimidating weight and size, it would be a great budget newbie razor.

6. herzi

herzi Active Member

Ask moviemaniac about a Double Arrow razor.

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

on the way from www.smokingpipes.com

Cleaning Supplies: Regular Pipe Cleaners (60 cleaners)
    G. L. Pease: Stratford 2oz
    G. L. Pease: Piccadilly 2oz
    G. L. Pease: Cumberland 2oz
    Low Country: Waccamaw 2oz
    Padron: Churchill Natural (Single)
    Solani: Aged Burley Flake #656 50g
    Astley's: No. 2 Mixture 50g
    G. L. Pease: Fillmore 2oz

Merry Christmas to me :D

8. CatMan

CatMan Member

I did, Stefan. He didn't know much about them either. He got one from you. His first shave with it was great, his second was terrible. That's all I could squeeze out of him. ;)
    Where did you buy yours?

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sweet hauls guys!!

From Steve ( Desmoface )

Trumpers Violet cream :drool:drool:drool and a Castle Forbes Lavender cream sample :drool:drool:drool

Many thanks Steve! :D

10. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Small but well appreciated haul from my sister's recent trip to London:

2 Boots shave sticks
    1 Boots styptic pencil

[​IMG]

11. herzi

herzi Active Member

I got it from eBay. It was an older model. I thought he used it more often. I used it about 7 times and it was one of my better straights.

The only other thing I know about Double Arrow is that they are chinese and that once I found one online in an Australian shop.

12. CatMan

CatMan Member

I see. Thanks! I absolutely love this one. Third day, still going strong ..., amazing!
    This is definitely not a Zeepk! I'm wondering why nobody else seems to be interested. :confused:

13. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

hmmm... I might have to rehone mine, now that the other Klaus mentioned he likes it a lot. Maybe... if I find time :D

Today I got my Blumax Bluetooth GPS receiver. Now I can finally navigate with my Nokia N73 :D

blumax.jpg

14. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Alright Neale, glad you got it all..Let us know how you like the C&F.

Steve

15. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Got me a Art of Shaving Sandalwood starter kit from a friend at work just back from the US..

Attached Files:

16. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

Max,
    You've got yourself a thick handled Tech. Good Shavers but very mild, you may have to experiment with some different blades to see what works best for you in that razor. Good Luck.

17. minderasr

minderasr Member

From Ebay. A Dubl Duck Pearlduck Satinedge 4/8 NOS! The pictures really don't do it justice.

:cool:

Attached Files:

18. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow, Sweet hauls fellas :drool:drool:drool

19. CatMan

CatMan Member

Wow! That's a beauty! Congrats!

20. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

During the week

x2 TSD "Spicy Island Bay" Shave Soap :drool:drool:drool ;) :happy088

---> Oh yeah, thats the stuff :D

TSD PreShave Emollient
    x2 Gillette Razors
    TSD Shave Soap Sample

x8 Sapone Di Issys Handmade, 100% OO Soap w/Patchouli EO (su ordine per TraderJoe) "Made in Italy" ;)