The Haul: November 28th - December 4th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Nov 28, 2011.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, Gorgo and his articles got me to looking for some good Avon products and I think I found a couple.

1 6 oz bottle of Oland Cologne and 1 5 oz bottle (Liberty Bell) of Oland After Shave both new.

Here they are along with a print ad from that series.

oland cologne and after shave.jpg

Oland.jpg

gorgo2, Dridecker, wyatt46 and 3 others like this.
  2. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

A gorgeous Gillette NEW Long Tooth with Bull Mastiff Handle from Bob's Razor Works, beautifully plated in nickel. And the first shave this mornig was very enjoyable!

wyatt46 and Hanzo like this.
  3. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Here is my haul for thursday

Alcolado Glacial aftershave 16oz
    Polar Ice aftershave
    Visal after shave gel (for travelling)
    and a bonus gift of the arko cool afer shave balm
    It appears I'm on an aftershave kick right now.

Goodies 2Dec11.jpg

Hanzo, Dridecker, wyatt46 and 3 others like this.
  4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I got my package from AR Soap yesterday! Needless to say it was my Monsavon! It took a little while to get here, but while using it this morning, it was well worth the wait! Thank goes to Steve (AR Soap) for shipping this worldwide at a decent rate!:biggrin:

5. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

I tried the Blue Label once
    Pretty Smooth stuff
    Enjoy... Good luck with the stretch.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I rescued a little lonely glass bottle of Aqua Velva today.

Never thought to look for that in the gas station, but our paths were destined to cross it seems. :happy036:
    I admit it felt a tad strange buying Aqua Velva while paying for fuel.

7. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

:happy097:

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

A good deed indeed!

9. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

This travel kit was found on the 2nd Annual TSD Blade Bank Hunt and I have to thank Justin for letting me purchase it, he spotted this set in a display case first, and was gracious enough to let me purchase it for the small price of $9.00 IIRC.

It appears in excellent shape, bordering on unused, and only needed a touch of cleaning to remove the dye that bled from the leather onto the razor head.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also on Monday of this week I received a small package from JoAnna, it it was a sample of the new Iced SubZero Witch Hazel, and a sample of some astringent that we found on the Blade Bank Hunt.
    [​IMG]

The Alcolado Glacial in the background is new too, and while it is great stuff, the best part about it was that it was hand delivered by JoAnna on the Blade Bank Hunt weekend. :biggrin:

10. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Where does the Iced SubZero Witch Hazel come from? Does JoAnna sell it?

11. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Not yet, but I do believe she plans on offering it up in the near future.

alpla444 likes this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I await your blunt but honest reviews, sir!

GDCarrington likes this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

No point in posting pics but yesterday I found a Fatboy, a Slim, a Red Tip and a Blue Lady, all in good user condition for $4 each. There was a Micromatic too but I passed on it. I love outta the way antique malls.

Tonight I did the ultimate experiment: I broke out a brand new stainless blade and, taking an equal amount of deliberately light passes, used that same blade to compare all but the Red Tip (which I'm familiar with) with my Ranger Tech. Just to compare the general feel of them all.

I still prefer the Ranger. I swear to you, the Ranger shave is different. Gillette really caught the lightening in the bottle that time. But as always, your mileage etc etc

IAmTheJody likes this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, I really like the Oland. A good bottle really smells nice with just a hint of musk or leather. It is a really good scent for winter. I just wish it had just a little more staying power on me, but most cologne wears off on my skin after a short period of time.

When I showed it to the gentlemen at my Postnet (my mail stop), one of them took a sniff when I opened the bottle to smell it. He exclaimed, "It's over 35 years old and still smells good, Wow!"

I have the Avon Spicy and now I await a shipment of some other Vintage Avon Fragrances.