The Haul: November 7 - November 13, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Nov 7, 2011.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Now that we are finally back to standard time, maybe I'll get up a few minutes earlier for my shave. Hope your haul is good this week! Keep going with those pics!

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That remarkable British made, rhodium-plated #16 Aristocrat -- one of my favorite shavers since it so resembles the Aristocrat Jr. in design. But even heavier and so shiny! This one arrived from the old country where rhodium plating was as common as gold plating was with the vintage USA made razors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With the solid plate under the head, providing added heft and grat balance.

[​IMG]
    The silo doors really shine when plated with rhodium.

[​IMG]

scott wein, tuco99, wyatt46 and 8 others like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Very purty, Jake!

battle.munky likes this.
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Here's a set that was either named after the game -- or has a meaning similar to the meaning of the VW with the same name: "Golf"! I prefer the former -- that this set was made for those who love to play golf -- so here's a light weight & well-preserved razor that would easily fit into your bag and allow a clean shave after your post-game shower.

[​IMG]
    In this triangular-shaped Bakelite casae.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Great 3-piece set. And a very fine shaver too!

scott wein, tuco99, lradke and 5 others like this.
  5. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Jake, thank-you for the pics of that very unique piece.

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Monday From Florida!

From our Pal Johnny a nice gift box filled with a puck each of Provence Sante' Verlaine (in the Cella tub) and Provence Sante' Green Tea, (in the baggie) and a great travel badger from A.O.S.

Thanks Johnny! I will have a shave with the brush and green tea soap tomorrow!

Haul too (Custom).jpg

scott wein, tuco99, wyatt46 and 4 others like this.
  7. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I think you'll enjoy the Provence Sante soap.

scott wein likes this.
  8. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Jeff, you are more than welcome. Now that little brush is for BabyGirl to use on her pits. :)

scott wein and wyatt46 like this.
  9. stingraysrock

Oh! Okay then! I shall not use it for my shave tomorrow... unless I use it to shave my pits too! I just love me some shaved pits...

scott wein and Mechguy like this.
  10. Williams Warrior

Allrighty then, if it blows your hair back have fun.

vanm66 likes this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Let's not consider the part of the back blowing hair in this context shall we?

The visual makes us go...

lurch ugh.jpg

12. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Ever know something would be arriving in the mail but the mail runs late? That's what happened to me today as I was awaiting the arrival of my new Vulfix 2234 from Phil (ordered on Friday - 3 days, just 1 business day to go cross country). Since the mail didn't arrive while on my lunch I had to wait 5 more hours before holding my new baby in my arms. Well when I got home I tore into my Bullgoose package & there she was, along with a couple new friends. Phil enclosed a pack of Voskhod DE blades as well as a sample of RazoRock XXX soap/cream/croap. To be honest I was a little creeped out about the XXX. I have that on my Christmas list. It's like Phil & Santa are best friends & Santa shared my wish & Phil did his best imitation of Jolly Old St. Nick. Thanks so much Phil, you've definitely earned my business with this first of many transactions!

As these threads are worthless without pics, please see below...

[​IMG]

scott wein, Mechguy, tuco99 and 6 others like this.
  13. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1030750(1).JPG

Some injector blades, for my schick will try em after TTO wk;), From Connaught shaving

scott wein, tuco99, wyatt46 and 3 others like this.
  14. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

These Avon after shaves arrived in the mail today. Each packed in their original boxes. I am not a huge fan of the decanters, so I will probably re-bottle them, but I need to find a tiny funnel. :)
    [​IMG]

They contain Island Lime, Wild Country (2 bottles), Blend 7, Sure Winner Bracing Lotion, and Deep Woods after shave.
    One surprise was that the camper topper contains matching scent talc!

15. Williams Warrior

I'd be more than happy to buy the bottles from you if you want to sell them after they've been emptied.

16. stingraysrock

Nice Haul! You can grab those tiny funnels at Bed Bath & Beyond. They come in a two pack and are serious multi-taskers.

17. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Very nice hauls Jake!
    The Golf reminds me of my Wardonia razor, which was sometimes referred to as the "Barrel hole" razor

18. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

DSCF1354 (640x477).jpg
    I love the old junk on ebay. Got this NOS horsehide strop yesterday,the neatest thing is it was still in original packaging:wax paper, black tissue and original box,$36 shipped. It was made for M. J. Rubin, NY. The Finish side says Carbo-Finish which I suspect would explain the darkness of the leather.

alpla444, Mechguy, tuco99 and 2 others like this.
  19. wyatt46

My last "Me" purchase before Christmas, needed some stock...lol
    From connaught shaving on eBay
    Shipping was quick from the UK and prices reasonable

The Blue Omega caught my eye ( nothing like the smell of a new wet Boar brush)
    Also I was almost out of Proraso and you can never have enough blades.
    30 count of Wilki's, these are from Germany and superior to the "Gillette/Wilkinson"
    or the Wilkinson I can buy locally.
    Totol -$17 GBP including shipping

Nov8 Haul.JPG

scott wein, lradke, alpla444 and 3 others like this.
  20. wyatt46

Very Nice Hanzo, your Den is looking good

Hanzo likes this.