The Haul: October 17th - October 23rd, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Oct 17, 2011.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Great hauls last week! Keep it going! What's in your haul this week?

2. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

DSCF1235 (640x473).jpg

Always wanted to have and use one of these old Wild Root mugs, got one off ebay. " I know ,I'll Dremel the metal handle shiny like new while I watch the ballgame". Looked down from the tv and I had removed all the nickel plating to the brass, put the handle back on the mug and was sick, messed it up completely, dang stupid . Then I had to send the handle to be replated by Reliable ,the handle arrived in the morning mail in shiny nickel. These mugs were massed produced back in the 20's onward I seem to remember reading somwhere. Should be fun to use .

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Hey that is cool! Twin mugs... one for soap one for water? Two soaps? I only know Wild Root as a hair cream, did they do shave stuff?

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Monday From Florida!

From Alan a huge box of soap! He asked me awhile back if I would like to try some Venezia, I said sure, thinking he would send a bar or two. Holy Smokes this is a lot of soap!

Venezia - Lavender, Lavender Vanilla, Honey Almond, Lemon Verbena, Coconut Milk, Rose, & Pink Grapefruit.

Yardley - English Lavender X4, Vanilla Sugar.

Unknown Purple Soap!

Thanks Alan! Way Too Cool!

soaps (Custom).jpg

Sodapopjones, Dridecker, rodd and 3 others like this.
  5. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

I could say something like "hey! I guess he's met you in person" :happy102:or something, but I won't.:scared003:

6. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Bought a Clover Brand, Red Man 6/8 square point on Saturday, and my stick of Valobra soap came in the mail today. The soap smells great, a nice powder type scent to it and it's big too, almost the size of an Arko stick.

7. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Yea what little I know about it is they did do mugs for barber use, apparently widely distributed in the 20's but like you I have never heard of a soap by them only hair products, but if this is a barber shop mug the barber already had soap. Wild Root signs are valuable and collected.The 2 chamber mug is unusual thats why I think they are collected, water in one, soap in the other seems to make the most sense to me . I have seen about a half dozen on ebay over the last couple of years and they go for about $50 but I did see one for about $20 a while back. The distinquishing mark is " Buffalo China" on the bottom. In the ebay auctions interest in them seems kinda low, mine cost $42 but it came with a brush handle I sold on for $12,so that lowered the price.

8. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

IMG_0058 (Medium).JPG
    Did pretty good today.
    Unopened Avon Spicy racing car.A Old Spice mug for $4 ,I always see them for around 10.A Burham in rusty shape.Two brushes,Rubberset 600n nylon and a Gem.And of course the book,that was the best find of the year.

9. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

My Den order came in the mail today :bounce015:
    Cedarwood wheat cream,M bomb,pumpkin delight soap,Se blades and a couple DE blades.
    After I had placed the order(a couple of days later) I noticed the store was giving away soap containers.So I emailed and asked for a couple if possible and there they are, now that's service.
    Thanks JoAnna

Attached Files:

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    You're welcome. :)

I hope you'll enjoy all the goodies!

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

You won't be disappointed! Enjoy. :happy088:

12. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Not really a "New" haul so to speak, but I just received some stuff from my brother in Japan. I sent him my 2 rolls blades and he honed them up nice...well one anyway (the other was warped/damaged), and with those he sent me a nice chunk of Vitos (red label one) from his supply. I don't know how much, the block is about 1.5x2x4 inches. I'm excited to be able to try my rolls and I will be using the Vitos tomorrow!

PanChango likes this.
  13. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

This 5/8 Shumate 0155 arrived today Shave Ready
    from The Classic Edge Shaving Store here in Ontario.
    They have a nice selection of straights up for grabs

Shumate 0155-1.JPG

Shumate 0155-2.JPG

14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well here's some vanilla soap and lime cologne I got this week!

DSCF0478 background modified.jpg

wyatt46, tuco99, alpla444 and 6 others like this.
  15. lradke

Today my wife and I got new phones. Mine is the Motorola Atrix. I had a free upgrade for a phone so I took advantage of it! I'm actually using it to post right now. :)

alpla444 and IAmTheJody like this.
  16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool! Did it work? ;) :happy102:

alpla444 likes this.
  17. lradke

I think it did...;)

There's only one problem now...I have to figure out how to use it. LOL! (It is a little more advanced than my LG Roumor 2)

swarden43 likes this.
  18. lradke

Nice! How is the cologne? Is it more of a tonic or cologne from the big retailers?

19. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Mailman just delivered this.Franks finest.
    IMG_0065 (Medium).JPG

SharpSpine, alpla444, Hanzo and 7 others like this.
  20. lradke

My wife just messaged me stating that my TSD Iced Sweet Tea (from the fantasy football giveaway) arrived! I can't wait to get home and see what it is like!

Queen of Blades likes this.