The Haul: October 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Hi friends,
    This is where you can share all of your new shaving goodies, and other family friendly goodies.
    We LOVE pictures! Lots of pictures.
    Happy shaving!
    K :shaver

2. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

I will be the first in October.))) I will show the acquisition. This is a razor - transformer Solingen Upsal. A razor with the ability to change a straight cut on an oblique cut. An interesting specimen. Requires cleaning, and if possible the restoration of the coating. All in the photo.
    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Upsal_Solingen_safety_razor_ad_and_manual.jpeg
    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Adjustable_slant_Upsal_Solingen_01.JPG
    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Adjustable_slant_Upsal_Solingen_02.JPG

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 10.jpg 6.jpg 22.jpg 21.jpg 29.jpg

Буду первым в октябре.))) Покажу приобретение. Это бритва - трансформер Solingen Upsal. Бритва с возможностью изменить прямой рез на косой рез. Интересный экземпляр. Требует очистки, и по возможности реставрации покрытия. Всё на фото.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Это первая уклонная (косая) двойная бритва, которую я видел, которая может изменить угол влево или вправо. Спасибо, что поделились!

AlDm likes this.
  4. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

Thank you @RyX. I myself saw such a design for the first time. I came across this razor by accident when I was looking for options for buying a razor for one guy not from Russia. There were doubts that this is fraud, in order to get money. But, the deal was honest.
    @RyX You speak excellent Russian)))! If I did not know how many miles we shared, I would have thought that I was communicating with a guy from a nearby city).

Спасибо @RyX. Я сам увидел такую конструкцию первый раз. Я наткнулся на эту бритвы случайно, когда искал варианты покупки бритвы для одного парня не из России. Были сомнения, что это мошенничество, с целью получить деньги. Но, сделка была честная.
    @RyX. Вы отлично говорите по русски)))! Если бы я не знал сколько миль нас разделяет, то мог бы подумать, что общаюсь с парнем из соседнего города).

5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Переводчик Google, мой друг. Я выполняю свое сообщение через несколько раз, чтобы быть уверенным в том, что смысл сохраняется.

AlDm likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I should be talkinabout a new goodie by the end of the week. Sorry, still not a "picture techie".

RaZorBurn123 and AGHisBBS like this.
  7. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Picked up a Prewar fat handle tech I intend to give to my youngest son, and I traded with a forum member for a block of Cella. It was even vacuum sealed. Love the Cella!

IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg

8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

WOW! That is very interesting, congrats on a really nice haul.

RyX, jimjo1031 and AlDm like this.
  9. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I finally received my PAA Aluminum Ascension Twist Adjustable DOC razor & Controversy EdP today. It was lost in the mail, but due to PAA's outstanding customer service, they rapidly sent out a replacement package after a 2 week battle with the snail mail agency. The razor looks outstanding and winner. We will see tomorrow. I tested the EdP and the scent of Controversy exceeds my expectations. I am not good at describing scents, but all I can say is that after experiencing a small amount of mist on my wrist, I have to pick up the soap. It seems another order is in order! I will be giving these guys their maiden voyage early tomorrow morning to which I'm sure it will be the start of a great day.
    Steve

IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg

10. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Came today, I like the gem jr. alot.
    Will see how this one shaves in the morning:)
    20181001_215348.jpg
    gem damaskeene

tp

11. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Two Synthetic SynBad knots from APShaveCo- a 30mm bulb and a 24mm flattop
    A separate order which came on the same day- SV Felce Aromatica and Barrister’s Reserve Fern
    FF297102-04F3-4A8F-AC2C-6743CAD0E5E8.jpeg
    I think the 30mm will be my first ‘chubby’ style handle. Not sure what to do with the flat top yet.

12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The stainless steel Ascension DOC, and an Asylum handle for my Blackbird -- finally a handle I'm happy with. It works on the Ascension as well. [​IMG][​IMG]

13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Ooooooooo I like those knots ... especially the flat top! That would look great in a VP tulip I'm in the process of restoring.

jimjo1031, RyX and jtspartan like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sorry, not shave related ...

sony_5050000hz_3way_bookshelf_speakers_ssb3000_pair_1527406667_42639fb7.jpg

Picked up off Craig's list for $20 ... soon to be incorporated in to a Christmas gift.

00x0x_d4pqiIafWEj_1200x900.jpg
    :eatdrink013:

15. brit

brit in a box

i think i have found a knot for my fuller...24mm synbad from ap shave co...

dmshaver, Ron R, AGHisBBS and 6 others like this.
  16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Nice Jeff. I am sure you will now be able to finally get an even closer BBS. :happy097:
    (Inside joke)

Paul76, AGHisBBS, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

One that lasts 36 hours ?

Paul76, AGHisBBS and Primotenore like this.
  18. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Paul76, AGHisBBS, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  19. Primotenore

Article Team
    Paul76, AGHisBBS, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  20. Primotenore

Article Team
    At a MINIMUM my friend...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.