The Haul: September 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Aug 31, 2017.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Pierce College. This Old Type, a Gem Junior, and a Superspeed, the latter two way overpriced.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, AGHisBBS, Yehuda D and 2 others like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I know what you mean. Unless they're ultrasharp, carbons always have a slight tuggy feel compared with better stainless, but they can still shave well (but you know that already ;) ). I admit I'm shaving with this really more for novelty than anything. I expect there's someone who would want this box of blades for display purposes.

AGHisBBS, Linuxguile, RyX and 4 others like this.
  3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

A great haul from Israel which I received two weeks ago but forgot to mention!

From my sister-in-law and my brother-in-law:

1x Unnamed Lavender Fragrance Oil
    1x Unnamed Patchouli Fragrance Oil
    1x King David EdT

Also a beautiful gold choker chain from my inlaws!

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

5. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

I went on a quest today and came home with six razors and one Ever Ready shave brush (looks like it has never been used). I'll be busy for awhile cleaning these razors up. Oh... and I only paid $4 per item so less than 30 bucks with the tax included. Wife says she's going to have get to work on my razor stand (she's the handy-wo"man" in the family. I can't always tell which side of the sandpaper to use).

IMG_1191.JPG IMG_1192.JPG

Jim99, AGHisBBS, Drygulch and 14 others like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You done really well! Great haul.

RyX and sdguero like this.
  7. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

That’s a cool looking brush! Very retro! I just looked it up - love the price too!

RaZorBurn123, jimjo1031 and sdguero like this.
  8. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Nice haul! Get busy - and enjoy the shaves!

jimjo1031 and sdguero like this.
  9. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

The scratchy side

Ps. Nice haul

10. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I found these two today. They both need some serious cleaning, but for what little I paid I figure it'll be a fun challenge. I have no doubt the flare tip will clean up ok. I already have one and love it. This one is for a family member. The Slim was in pretty dire straights. It was locked up and extra grimey, and because of that was priced at next to nothing. I managed to get it loosened up and everything turns now. They are both currently soaking, will get scrubbed later tonight and polished tomorrow. If it comes out nicely, I've got a good user grade Slim. If not, I got some practice for a couple of bucks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Jim99, AGHisBBS, Drygulch and 12 others like this.
  11. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Zenith 506u Manchurian (26x51) DSCN1561[1].JPG

Jim99, AGHisBBS, Drygulch and 10 others like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

FaceScraper and jimjo1031 like this.
  13. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Nice score Dan. Let me know what you think of the Super Adjustable 109 after you've given it a test drive. I really like mine.

FaceScraper, jimjo1031 and sdguero like this.
  14. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Killer haul!!

FaceScraper, jimjo1031 and sdguero like this.
  15. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Have you been able to determine what year the Slim is?

jimjo1031 likes this.
  16. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I'll give it a good look tonight when I get beneath all the surface grime. It was too covered up to tell.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

17. sdguero

Well... and here I thought the scratchy side of sandpaper was to make it easier to grip! :)

Dan

18. sdguero

Thanks, Jim. I will let you know. This is the 2nd Super Adjustable I've acquired. I located one last week too. Both made in 1970. But I've never used an adjustable before so I'm looking forward to next month (still committed to SEs this month)!

19. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

My first thought when I typed my quip was to be a real comedian and say "the sticky side" until I remembered that you can buy stick-on sanding discs.

Just a note on that PAL Adjustable (if you're not familiar); they can deliver a great shave but they're engineered a bit differently than a Schick so it might take a couple of tries. Also, PAL did have some quality control issues with some of those and if you search the net you can find a few discussions regards such.

20. sdguero

Thanks for the info on the PAL, John. I am not familiar with them, and this is the first time I've really looked at one so I'll be doing some research on it before I use it.

Seriously though, my wife is the tool-master (mistress) in the family. She's easy to buy gifts for.... jewelry or gift cards for Menards. She drools at the sight of brand new tools (and beautiful jewelry). I know the difference between a Phillips head screwdriver and a flat head. My knowledge doesn't go much further than that. But it doesn't have to... my wife knows it! :D

Dan