The Haul: September 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Aug 31, 2017.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Crank that sucker up to "9" and let'er buck!

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

And don't be afraid to use a Feather Hi-Stainless blade. I'm sure you have enough styptic, alum, and little bits of TP.
    Ride the cap and everything will be great when it quits hurting!

Jim99, AGHisBBS, FaceScraper and 4 others like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Stirling Soap made two special sets for a meet-up in Memphis earlier this month. The Dirty South Shavers is a group on Facebook and I'm a member of that group as well. One of these sets is a vanilla pipe smoke scent and the other is based on Abercrombie Fierce cologne. Both are excellent scents! Also bought a bar of the mentholated pre-shave soap.

IMG_1801.JPG

Jim99, AGHisBBS, Yehuda D and 13 others like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Lavander Waz John Screwtape.gif
    In a barely publicized 30 DC PIF, I was one of two WINNERS! Thank you John @Screwtape. Someone else got sandalwood scent, I scored Capt Fawcett's very own personal Lavender Moustache Wax recipe that hasn't been available in over a Century. My Walrus shall become a GunSlinger.
    DistinctDesignsUnltd etsy.jpg

Jim99, AGHisBBS, Drygulch and 10 others like this.
  5. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Good thing I know some paramedics and ER docs. I'll have an ambulance standing by... just in case. :happy097:

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I started using my adjustable Gillette (E4 Fatboy) at low numbers with generic Personna Red's. Some unknown number of shaves later, I prefer a Feather at number nine. Smooth, efficient, error free. Develop your technique with a 30 Day Rule or Focus. That is a good razor, but most are in practiced hands.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

After some soaking and scrubbing I can clearly see it. It is an L1, which I believe puts it at 1966. The difference after soaking in blue Dawn and hot water for a couple of hours and putting in a little work with a toothbrush while watching TV is incredible. The flare tip looks almost new. The Slim is actually cleaning up very nicely as well. When I initially saw the two razors together, I picked up the flare tip and left the Slim because it was so disgusting. It was locked up and they just had $3 on it. I went back for it before checking out, figuring that at $3 I could use it as a test piece to figure out how to take one apart without guilt. It now looks better than my other Slim. I will share pics after some polishing tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jim99, AGHisBBS, sdguero and 9 others like this.
  8. SharptoothC

Mmmm. Vanilla pipe smoke sounds amazing.

9. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Picked up a couple of pieces of granite at a local shop to attempt to lap a stone or two as Im taking an interest in honing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    AGHisBBS, Drygulch, sdguero and 4 others like this.
  10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

That's so cool!

11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Yes, it's pretty heavy and well built.

sdguero and FaceScraper like this.
  12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Totally agree with you, very cool and retro, the price point is what makes it a amazing but.

sdguero and FaceScraper like this.
  13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool! Gotta see a pic of the 'stache.

sdguero, RyX and FaceScraper like this.
  15. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I had a small mail call today. I received Jeff's Soap from Cold River Soap Works. I thought it was for a good cause and I could not believe they still had some stock. They are still showing some inventory because the web site is not out of stock. I recommend helping out and ordering one if you have the means.
    Steve

IMG_7168.jpg

Jim99, AGHisBBS, Drygulch and 13 others like this.
  16. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

RaZorBurn123 and FaceScraper like this.
  17. SharptoothC

This is pre-polish. At this point, it's just a soak in hot water and blue Dawn and some work with a toothbrush. There's a couple of soap spots from that. I will polish tonight but I am quite happy.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dansco, Jim99, AGHisBBS and 15 others like this.
  18. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Looking good!

19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Shipping across the Canada/U.S. border takes time going through Customs. I knew the wax was going to be here soon so I didn't trim when the ol' soup strainer started tickling my lower lip. Somewhere around is a "What do you look like" thread. Updates if I can take an acceptable before and after selfie.

20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Goodwill Pennesylvania.gif
    Scored from an auction, shipped from Pennsylvania, hardly a whiff leaked while in transit! Having a back-up bottle of Shulton Old Spice AS means I can liberally apply the good stink.

Jim99, AGHisBBS, jimjo1031 and 12 others like this.