The Haul: September 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Fresh off the fast boat from Hong Kong, through Customs in NYC, and fighting a hurricane head wind before heading to the Gulf Coast - a package of goodies from Steve @Vlasta.
    Steve @Vlasta.gif A new thing for me - new badger knots! I've had new boar brushes, but this is my first at getting to enjoy Badger Funk. The folks who made these must have clean critters because there's hardly any whiff. Most anticipated was the two aluminum handles. Once I get over fondling them I'll compare the T-400 with my B-400 by Tom @twhite. Steve said this particular one was the first off his production so it's special. I do enjoy prototype gear and testing never before seen products. The shorter, thicker, and substantial handle is another of his designs. If it's not the same profile as his Big Red, it's close. Both handles have a natural colored anodized finish to maintain the shiny raw aluminum look. Steve also tossed in a couple soaps I haven't yet tried. The Scheerzeep must have traveled 3/4 way around the world being a Dutch product. The second one I think is from India - Godrej. One of those less is more (ingredients) products and since it contains glycerin I'm hoping for slickness. The small black tub is unlabeled so I'll figure it out soon enough.

Now I'm of to defunk my new toys!

preidy, Jorvaljr, gorgo2 and 10 others like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

wait till you get them wet.

Vlasta and RyX like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Nice haull. BTW!

Vlasta and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm on it now. Figured an Arko lather ought to do the trick. I gave a short soak, loaded soap, and worked them in suribachi bowls. Going to let the soap set on the knots for a bit.

The dog, Hurley, was very interested in the knots before I started cleaning. I've spent too many decades around primers, oil based paints, shellacs, and varnishes to really trust my nose to delicate scents.

Cue the badgers!

AGHisBBS, mrchick, jtspartan and 3 others like this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I hauled s-l400-2.jpg
    I'm stoked.

6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The new PAA Ascension has quite the interesting head.[​IMG]

7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

That is one cool looking Stone. :happy088::happy088:

8. mousecop

mousecop Active Member

Picked up this Slim for only $15 on eBay...steal[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

preidy, Edison Carter, brit and 15 others like this.
  9. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Thank you Scott. Been spending the last week prepping the surface and trying to figure it out. It’s been fun and that Arkie thread has helped a lot. :eatdrink047:

Edison Carter, DaltonGang and RyX like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Zebra F-xMD stainless steel pen, improved from the 701 in that it has a matching steel cap below the clicker instead of the black plastic the old one had. Such a small change but looks so much nicer. That and the matching pencil are still my daily drivers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  11. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I carry one of them too. I use it Daily at work. Can’t Ask for a Better Pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edison Carter and gorgo2 like this.
  12. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

That is a steal!

Edison Carter and gorgo2 like this.
  13. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Don't mind the bed cover... me and my wife have an understanding that we both buy new bed covers when we need them. I get to choose a manly one and she chose, well, that. 20180914_185511-1512x2016.jpg 20180914_185529-1512x2016.jpg 20180914_185502-1512x2016.jpg

I've wanted one of these for quite a while :drool::drool::drool: BOSTONIAN!!!

14. Linuxguile

Congrats, they are great shave!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Dansco and jimjo1031 like this.
  15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

My favorite Open Comb razor................

Dansco and jmudrick like this.
  16. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I get ink skipping with the factory ink in my 701. Do you get that?

17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

New set of lenses, including a macro lens, for the Pixel 2.[​IMG][​IMG]

18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

No, but maybe because I ordered their blue refills as I prefer it to black, which I never used. The blue (Medium point) writes great. I do notice that the click action has some slop in it compared to the 701, which is nice and crisp. Still, for the $ it is the best pocket click pen out there.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Nope!

Edison Carter, cliffb599 and Enrico like this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

By the way, some reviewers you'll see complain about the factory sticker near the top of the barrel, and how it leaves glue residue when you remove it. These whiners need to quit being babies. Rub a little hand sanitizer on it. The glue comes right off.

Edison Carter, cliffb599 and Enrico like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.