The Haul: September 24th - September 30th , 2007

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Sep 23, 2007.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Last week of September....y'all start thinking about your Christmas lists...but if ya can't wait 'til then.... :rofl

Whaddya got this week? Post it up, folks!

2. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Might as well start off this weeks discussion, below is my recent haul. I traded a Merkur Future that really did not do well on me and I really did not like it for the group below. At the moment I have only used one of the group, the 60s super speed and man am I pleased with that one. Actually the one at the far right was not a part of this haul. It was sort of a self pitty purchase at a local shop. That's a Parker, came in a real nice case. I am not real fond of three piece razors at all, tend to cut my fingers getting the blade into and out of the shaver. Going from left to right that's a women's super speed, tech. 60s super speed, speedway and of course the Parker.

Without further ado here is my new additions:

Attached Files:

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nice haul, jb!

What color is that Ladies Gillette?

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

It's white handle. Can you help identify any of the ones in the picture? Can you confirm or deny that the one on the left is a women's gillette? Do you know what the gold one is?

5. Queen of Blades

It's white? :confused:

The Ladies Gillette was made in blue, pink, and gold, I believe. Are there stars on the handle, under the head?

Here's a picture of the blue style. Not the best picture, sorry.

View attachment 1860

As for the other razors, I'll let the guys tell you what they are.

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Wow, I was thinking how good that picture is. Sure, its small.......but very clear/crisp.

7. Queen of Blades

I thought there was too much light or reflection off the razor to see what I'm trying to illustrate for jb.

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I just got word this weekend that a company I placed an order from for Burt's Bees ASB a few months ago is getting a shipment from someplace. They had previously had to cancel my order and asked me if I wanted to get some. Hell yes, and they have a couple of pucks of soap to send me too. :cool:

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Whatever you do, make sure to get the Cologne.

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Not sure if they have it. I'll check.

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

They don't have the cologne. They are sending me a sample of a local made "spicy" version they say is better. They didn't like the FO that Burt's switched to towards the end.

12. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I'm with Joe....I thought it was great. I'll send you some of my straights when I want pictures for auctions. ;)

The one on the left is the gold ladies' Gillette. The gold one is a thick-handled Tech, and then the Super Speed, of course. The others look like Parkers, and I'm not up on those. Sorry... :o

13. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

This wouldn't happen to be Red Rain store?

If so, I think the "local spicy version" is Professor Patton's, which indeed is quite good.

FO? Supposedly the Burt's Bees is 99% natural, which would lead me to believe EO

14. Will

Will Nevermind

Professor Patton's

If only it lasted more then 10 seconds on me. :(

15. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I was wondering that myself. Yes, that's the place.

16. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Ingredients: alcohol denat., glycerin, pimenta acris (bay) leaf oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, cinnamomum cassia (cinnamon) leaf oil, abies sibirica (fir needle) oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, cedrus atlantica (ceder) bark oil, eugenia caryophyllus (clove) flower oil, sage officinalis (cleary sage) oil, fragrance

99.91% Natural

http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs...d=-97&catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&langId=-1

17. Queen of Blades

Not my picture. I got it from Ebay. :o

18. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Thanks to Joe for running an excellent group buy on the Alt Innsbruck and Swiss Pitralon. Can't wait to try 'em out.

Attached Files:

19. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

The handle on this one is white. If its not a women's super speed what could it be? It has stars under the handle.

20. Queen of Blades

Have you cleaned it?

It is a ladies gillette,but not a "super speed", and I believe Blair is correct that it is a gold one.