The Haul: September 26th - October 2nd, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Sep 25, 2011.

1. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Wednesday From Florida!

In the mail today is a nice haul from Shoebox.

Speick Splash
    Fitness Soap
    Booster Sage Tonic
    Prep Shave Cream
    Vulfix 404 Badger/Boar

Gary threw in a few samples including Speick lotion, Speick Soap, Cera Cupra Lotion and a Carob & Sea Salt soap that smells good enough to eat!

DSC01684 (Custom).JPG

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well Jeff, it appears that some of us have been keeping Gary at Shoebox pretty busy.
    Here is what I got.

2 Fitness Tubs (That brings me to 4 total)
    1 Boosters Iced Lime 14 oz
    1 oz sample of Boosters Oriental Spice
    1 pack of 10 Personna Platinums
    5 SE Blades
    1 Travel Speick Soap
    Coco Vitos Sample (read about it at his site)
    http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/vishsosahacr.html

[​IMG]

Gary is an excellent vendor with excellent products. It is a pleasure to do business with him!

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Dude, you're gonna dig the 404. Great brush. Once the boar breaks in and starts to split, it is a magical beast. Plenty of backbone and soft once broken in. Holds plenty of lather. Tears through soaps but extremely capable in creams. Don't let any initial impression of thinking that it is a ratty bristled, to small to be useful, never to be used again item as I did. Give it a few weeks and you will wonder why you use anything else. I don't think the 404 is the peak of luxury but it is the ultimate in utilitarianism IMO. Might even be my deserted island brush.

You know what I just re-realized? I need more face.

swarden43 likes this.
  4. newb

newb Resident Newb

The 404 is a killer good brush. It took me a while to properly break mine in, but it will deliver. Congrat's Jeff.

5. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Got my PIFs from Johnny in today. Already test lathered everything so I could really smell it all. In doing this I also realized that I've been stingy when it comes to the water. So I also did another lather of my new TSD ISZ Wheat Cream & BAM, a mound, nay, a mountain of icy cool frigidness! I can't wait for my next few dozen shaves now. Thanks again to Johnny for this PIF & to everyone that's been helping me lather the wheat!

[​IMG]

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Received a PIF from alpla444 yesterday! 2 tubes of Polish shaving cream.. Bond Fresh and Lider Classic. Thank you my friend! Looking forward to trying these! :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Just rec'd this in the mail today.Can't wait to try the Vitos IMG_0031.JPG

crackstar, Nick A and alpla444 like this.
  8. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

My grandfarthers razor. (i dont remember him as he died many years ago) i got it last year when i cleared my aunts house when she died. I was not DE shaving then but had the sense to keep it. I think its a gillette oc ball end ? im sure someone elase can correct me:). needs re-plating but that will happen in good time P1030536(1).JPG

crackstar and Nick A like this.
  9. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

I wish I could get a hold of my grandparents stuff!

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My friend Khalil who is Egyptian has an uncle who returned from Cairo on Sunday evening. He brought me:

4x Lord Emofresh sc tubes
    2x Mood emofresh.jpg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz_yl.jpg sc tubes

Nick A likes this.
  11. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

My grandpa threw all of his out YEARS ago when I asked him about it...then asked me why I ever wanted to use DE razor. I think his term was "It's rubbish". :rofl:

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Got this NOS Rotbart no. 15 in the mail this week. Took it for a spin today. Nice shaver!
    [​IMG]

13. battle.munky

That knurling looks like it could cause injury!

Speaking of injuries, my Muhle R41 arrived today! :)

R41.jpg

14. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Grats Bob! I'm not sure if you were really looking forward to that arriving or not. You're so hard to read sometimes! :happy097:

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My Grandpa used a Valet Autostrop for something like 30 years, and then for some reason that I cannot figure out, he switched to using a Sensor. (why he would want to use that) I must to say he always used a brush and a cream like Florena or a soap like Williams, but the change to the Sensor was a big surprise to me.

16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Let's hope you don't get too many of those! Injuries that is! ;)

17. battle.munky

I have been known to beat around the bush :innocent

I say it only to hype the R41. It is by no means a friendly razor but there isn't any reason somebody who knows how to shave can't pick one up and get to scrapin'. :shaver

alpla444 likes this.
  18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Lots of nice hauls this week.

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The Lider is good stuff.

20. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

That is one studly looking razor. I may get a day or 2 worth of whiskers built up so when you guys come down, I can give it a good run.

battle.munky likes this.