The Haul: September 5th - September 11, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Sep 4, 2011.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

New week, new stuff. Keep those pix coming!

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Now this week I received a surprise auction win. An E-3 Fat Boy. When the seller mailed it to me, she sent a message saying that she had shipped my thing. She did not even know what it was other than it said Gillette Adjustable. I wondered for a second when she said she had shipped my thing, that I was going to get a box with a hand in it from the Addams family, or some such.

When it arrived, a quick clean up and here it is!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

MRast01, swarden43 and alpla444 like this.
  3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I know they are not exactly shave stuff but the crome is the same pattern as the shave set I listed last week, It looks like this set has not been used.
    P1030515.JPG P1030516.JPG

Nice fatboy there Gary. I should be getting one next month in a case also and a slim (I cant wait, A friend won them for me and I wont see them untill 1st october) I hope mine looks half as good as that one.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Finally getting around to some pics of the Phantom Fat Handle Tech, and some other goodies I picked up in Maine.
    $2 for the Tech, the Gillette Thins and some Chinese made Seagull (?) blades.
    The big green mug with the moose is actually a chowder mug. I picked it up at the Blueberry Festival in Machias. Made by Cabin Pottery in Maine. It's just a tad deep, but works very nice with the swirl ridges on the bottom.
    I have no idea with the "cosmetic case" is supposed to be. I bought it for the brush, an Ever Ready 102. Looks like someone took a pair of scissors to the knot, but for $4, hey, I'll try my hand at a re-knot.
    I'll probably re-knot the aluminum handle brush, as well.
    One can never have enough Old Spice mugs. Another steal at $4.
    In the little white container is some TOBS avocado SC that Jeff "stingrays rock" was nice enough to send to me, along with a few blades. Thanks again, Jeff!
    Oh, and 42 pounds of fresh picked Macs, just off the tree this Saturday.

Attached Files:

5. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Hey nice pics (worth waiting for), I like the aluminium brush, Ive been after one of thoes for a few wks, they all seem to be state side at the moment. Good luck with the re-knott:)

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Now we believe you! :)

That red Ever Ready is sweet Steve, I recommend the 24 mm super badger, it is a good knot, even if you have to adjust the size of the hole to accommodate it.

I've been on an apple kick here lately too, so enjoy those macs for me! We just got some ginger golds from the local organic store and they are srumptrelescent.

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Sweet Hauls Ya'll!

Today I received a three pack of Speick Body Soap and The Speick ASB!

DSC01659 (Custom).JPG

8. herzi

herzi Active Member

Congrats. The Speick soap is one of my favorites

9. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Was lucky/fortunate to win TSD contest on Facebook. Joanna was super quick sending it out, but I have not been as fast to get it listed here. Can't wait to have my first shave with a slant, just waiting for adjustable week to finish up. Will then load it up with a Voskhod, lather up some Kent Wool Fat, and finish it up with the De Vergulde Hand aftershave.

IMG_2297_1_1_1.JPG

Asd, Mechguy, BabyGirl and 2 others like this.
  10. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

wow nice get! the slant in gold looks really good

11. freebird

freebird Active Member

Today's haul. Six shaving mugs, four brushes, four razors and a pair of electronic calipers.
    Three of the brushes may be candidates for a hair transplant. The elk horn brush was a purchase from Don
    here on TSD's classifieds. The calipers are in preparation for a future haul, a Hornady Lock n Load Classic reloading kit, which was put in lay-a-way today.

[​IMG]

Mechguy and GDCarrington like this.
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have the same set of calipers. I think you will like it alot. Easy to use and read.

13. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Excellent haul and congrats, that is one really nice setup. The slant is a wonderful thing Mike, as you will soon find out. Even if it pains you to do so, let your beard grow for a couple days and then use it, it works amazingly well on a few days growth. And the Voshkods....boy, I like them blades :) The Kent is like MWF from what I've heard and while I can't vouch for the Kent, the MWF is really nice.

Have a look at this for the fast route to MWF success, at least it was for me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGLi_m9n_s&feature=fvsr

14. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

15. freebird

freebird Active Member

I thought they might be decent calipers, they belonged to a fellow who worked as a machinist at McDonnell-Douglas in Tulsa. He and my Dad were really good friends, having worked together for quite awhile. I bought everything, except the elk horn brush, from his widow. I gave $25 for the calipers and $40 for the mugs,razors, and three brushes. She asked $20 for the shaving related things but I felt like $40 was a fairer price.

battle.munky and GDCarrington like this.
  16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Schick Blades!

[​IMG]

battle.munky likes this.
  17. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

The funny thing is I had just gotten some Voskhod blades from TSD store. I am currently on my second blade, and they seem to be great so far. Had also heard the same thing about the Kent which is fantastic, MWF is a favorite soap.

18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Here is an interesting razor that took a while to clean up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr. Razor has the same set on his site except that it has the chrome top.

[​IMG]

19. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

In the mail today we received:

DSC01662 (Custom).JPG

Samples of the following:

Williams Menthol
    Noxema
    Proraso Red

Excellent Sir! Thank you!! :happy088:

20. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Where did you get the williams menthol? Do they still make it?