The newest addition...

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Brian, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

Just won this on the bay. Looking forward to my first Aristocrat for my collection. :D And also looking forward to seeing what everyone seems to love about them. Looks like it is gonna need a proper scrubbing to get off that soap scum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the other photos the box looks to be in fair condition. Over all I feel I got a fair price at $31.02 USD shipping included, after seeing what some of the other Aristocrat's have went for.

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Looks good. It should clean up nicely.

Be careful when you get the razor, it looks like the previous owner left a blade in there. Yuck...

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Congrats! May it give you many great shaves for years to come!! :happy088:happy088

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I think you will enjoy it!

5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

NO BRASSO!!!!!

If you give it a good Scrubbing Bubbles bath and toothbrush scrub and you will be in awe. Seriously, it'll be gleaming.

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

Good to know, I'd hate to ruin it before my first shave, thank you for that.

7. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Congrats Brian, looks like you snagged a fine example! :signs107

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Don't be surprised if it becomes your go-to. My 2-band Aristocrat is (at the moment).

9. Brian

Brian Active Member

[​IMG]
    After it had been cleaned.
    [​IMG]
    Just a thin spot on one silo door is the only mar found on it's outside.
    [​IMG]
    On the inside it was nasty. An old blade had been left in there for so long it had started to rust. I let it soak in Scrubbing Bubbles, gave it a good scrub with toothpaste, then a nice long soak in Barbicide. It still has a touch of rust in the far corner but over all came out pretty nice. The glare fron the light and glass is giving it the 2 tone in this shot. I have thought about jewelers cloth but am afraid of taking off the finish.

Any ideas that might help me finish it off and keep it looking nice?

Just had my first shave with it. I tried a Sword and remembered I don't care for them. I few knicks, and a small weeper, but over all a very nice shave. I used my VanderWilliams with menthol,and a boar brush. I think I need to use it a few more times but I can see this might become a "go to". Something about the style of it just really strikes my fancy. I can see what all the fuss is about now!

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Do you have hard water in TN? I do, and have found that's the worst thing to leave on a razor. Gently towel dry it whenever you're done, maybe hit it occasionally with the Scrubbles and it should stay just fine.

When you use your fav blade, let us know what you think then. ;)

11. kaseri

kaseri New Member

Beautiful.

12. mandoman

mandoman Member

very nice will look even better with a good cleaning :cool:

13. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

Nice

Really nice buy! Please be careful if it is shipped to you with that blade in it! I got cut once like that! I mean it's not like I won't use one of my own blades, don't leave one in it when you ship it right? But a very nice buy!

14. howlwolf

howlwolf Member

Nice!!

"Just won this on the bay. Looking forward to my first Aristocrat for my collection."

Looks great cleaned up. Good job. :happy005

Some day I will find my Bay Aristocrat. Many good shaves to you my Shave Den friend.

Being patient and the right one will happen. Been getting some great shaves from the SS and my New.

15. fate3

fate3 New Member

love that case

16. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Great price, hope it scrubs up nice and shaves like a gud un, I hope to see some pics when uve made it shinny.

17. fate3

fate3 New Member

check post #9 :)