The Plisson from BullGoose

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by NoahG, Jun 2, 2011.

1. NoahG

NoahG Member

Ladies and gentlemen, the Plisson from Phil over at BullGoose has just arrived! I'm having issues with my cameras right now, but I'll get some pics and a first impression up after I get it broken in a bit.

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Awesomeness. Congrats again!

3. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

You are going to love it. These brushes are the closest thing to lathering with a cloud that anyone will ever experience. I am selling two but have three others. :happy088

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Congrats Noah. I would love to see some pics and hear your impressions after you get to spend some time with the brush.

5. NoahG

NoahG Member

So a quick update on the Plisson. I've been test lathering it and used it for my past 2 shaves. Initial impression is that it is great brush for holding lather, like there's a time space anomaly in its center that just keeps releasing lather. I could easily get five passes and still have lather left. Its a bit scritchier than I was expecting but still very soft and also much firmer. I'm going to use it exclusively for the next week or so and see how it does.

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Yes, nothing flows like a Plisson, one of the benefits of not cramming the knot if you ask me!

Like I said, they're not as soft as Doug is trying to make them out to be :happy102

7. NoahG

NoahG Member

So far this brush works great with creams, superlathers and glycerine (TSD) soap and williams soap. I'll try it through out the week with my RazoRock XXX and Colliers Row(QC/Bullgoose) to see how it does with Croaps and I think I'll even get it to work up a face lather from a stick as this thing has plenty of backbone for something supposedly floppy. I really love this brush so far, I just hope the rest of my brushes don't get jealous and quit lathering for me. ;)

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Glad to hear that you are liking that brush so much! You are making me jealous :D

9. neanderthal

neanderthal Member

I'm overjoyed it went to a great home.

10. Sodapopjones

You're braver than me, the one thing I won't my Plisson touch is Williams, VDH no problem....

11. NoahG

NoahG Member

Are different soaps/creams worse for brushes?

12. Sodapopjones

I generally only use Williams on boars, its pretty hard and harsh on hair and it seems that it splits the tips pretty good...

The EW hair in your brush isn't prone to curling/hooking at the tips, but given its price range and nature of which you need to swirl on the puck of Williams to get a great lather, I wouldn't push my luck.

*edit*

Since I have seen this mentioned by others, some sharply colored creams may cause the white tips of brushes to change color from the dyes, I personally haven't had any issues with this and I use Trumpers.

13. NoahG

NoahG Member

I soak my William's pretty thoroughly and didn't have to really abuse the brush to get it loaded and I build the lather in a separate bowl.

14. NoahG

NoahG Member

Today I tried the Plisson with RazoRock XXX. Now on Italian Barber he recommends face lathering, but I lightly soaked mine and bowl lathered. The Plisson, once again, did not disappoint. I quickly and easily built up a nice thick lather with out having to add much more water than what was left after shaking out the brush. The brush is also beginning to bloom a bit more and seems to be softening with out losing back bone. Next shave is going to be a Bullgoose double whammy when I pair the Plisson with the Bullgoose / QC Collier's Row, one of my favorites.