The Shave Den - Aftershave Milk

Discussion in 'Aftershave Reviews' started by soulshine, Nov 25, 2008.

1. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

I decided to just make one general review of TSD Aftershave Milk made by JoAnna as I have both the Iced Lime and Iced Bay Rum.

The ingredient list is as follows: Hydrosol Blend (Rose, Hibiscus, Jasmine), Jojoba Oil, Water, Witch Hazel, Shea Butter, Lecithin, Allantoin, Vitamin E,
    Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid.

I am happy there is no lavender in there as my face is extremely sensitive to all things lavender - even hydrosol.

Available is a very large variety of essential oil or fragrance blends (there are 80 to choose from) and with menthol or without.

The large 4oz bottle has a shaker top to assure the proper amount of product to apply after your shave. I use only a few drops applied to my still wet hands and apply it to my face which is also still wet. I thought Joanna's regular aftershave was something bu this kicks things up a notch. I usually need a bit more for my winter aftershaves as I travel every day in my car on business and the heater wreaks havoc on my face making it extremely dry. I have used this exclusively over the last week and can report nothing less than stellar results. For those that may be concerned about lingering scents, this lasts just long enough to enjoy it but will not interfere with any EDT's you may apply. If I had to guess it is no longer than a few minutes.

In regards to the above ratings...

Burning sensation = zero felt during or after application.

Moisturizing = Just about the best of any I have tried over the years. No greasiness and no sticky or tacky feeling. This product leaves my skin feeling great with no shine!

Cooling = I added menthol to mine and it is as cooling as her regular product with it added.

Soothing & Healing = Any minor irritation or redness I experience after shaving is quickly remedied by this. By the time I am finished cleaning up my shave supplies and changed for work, all redness has subsided.

Price = Are you kidding me...$15 for this is a bargain! The custom scents, the ability to tweak it with added menthol and the few drops required after shaving means this is just pennies per day. The two bottles I have are going to last a long time.

As I noted in my other TSD review, I understand you can purchase a cheaper bottle of aftershave from Booster's but it is just alcohol and water with some fragrance. This bottle of aftershave milk is chocked full of skin care goodness!

2. djwurm

djwurm New Member

TSD Milk is great. I have it in Lime with menthol for the extra cooling factor. I absolutely love this stuff, it is jam packed with all kinds of great stuff for your face. A few drops goes a long way and with the size of the bottle (4 oz) it will take me years to go through this.

I noticed that I do not have the normal burn or red bumps after using this product. My face looks and feels great after shaving. I highly recommend you try the TSD Milk in your favorite scent, because once you do you will not use anything else!

3. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

I usually use my own mixture of aloe and witch hazel following a shave, but I was interested in some of the EO scents offered by TDS and decided to give the Tea Tree and Lavender Milk a try.

This could be one of the most delightful shaving products I've ever used. It absorbs quickly and does not leave your skin feeling sticky. Living here in the frozen north, the moisturizing properties of this milk are appreciated and it does a great job at it too.

As noted above, a little goes a long way. The sample bottle I purchased should last for a couple of months. When it's empty, I'm looking forward to buying a nice big bottle (or two).

4. Churchill

Churchill New Member

I feel like TSD (JoAnna) has totally outdone themselves with this aftershave milk. I am a big fan of the original DR Harris a/s milks which are no longer available. I have tried many things looking to approximate the feeling of the Harris milks to no avail.Well,no longer do I have to search any further.
    The TSD milks are wonderful for us who need a little extra moisturizing but don't want the heaviness of a full fledged balm.
    I can't wait to dig through all the wonderful scents trying to match them up with my colognes.
    I highly recommend these to everyone,you will not be disappointed.
    Kudos to TSD for this one!

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Long overdue review.

I find that the aftershave milk is one of my go to products especially after a harsh shave. It seems to smooth the skin nicely. It absorbs into the skin very well and is not sticky. The only drawback I could find with it is that some of the scents can be a bit over powering.

I wouldnt hesitate to buy this product again.

The one thing i would recommend is buying several samples of different scents. I find that the price is cheap enough that you can have a vast array of different scents, and they last a great deal of time.

6. Will

Will Nevermind

I think the rest of the gent's in the reviews said it all. Really good product.

7. Special_K

Special_K New Member

TSD Milk is a great aftershave product. Most of the time, I need a little extra moisturizer but don't want a full fledged balm and this is that happy medium. You only need a few drops and the product instantly soothes your mug. I find that it does an extremely great job at moisturizing and soothing any irritation or dryness I might have after my shave. The scents are great and you can choose whatever you like. I got many samples. My favorite is the Iced Lime. I prefer to have the menthol added because I like that extra cooling effect but have also tried samples of the milk without the menthol and it is also very cooling.

I strongly recommend and will buy again.

8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I´m thinkin to order the Milk too. Could i use it as a "every day driver"? Just like a Moisturizing Cream? Or should i use it just after the shaves? How long does the scent linger on the skin? Maybe you can help me. JoAnna´s stuff is great.

Omelmad likes this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have the ISZ Milk. I use it as an aftershave. It is one of the best products I've tired. Leaves my skin silky smooth. The only issue I have is it's not available in a gallon jug ;) The scent stays on my face for a bit. It's fresh and clean. A must have!