The Shave Den Roster

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by MarshalArtist, Apr 14, 2015.

1. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

So that we might know a bit more about you, would you please provide as much of the information below as you are comfortable sharing with us?
    AGE or AGE RANGE:
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS:
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE:
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES:

2. MarshalArtist

NAME: Marshal
    NICKNAMES/ALIASES: Marsh, MarshalArtist
    WHERE YOU LIVE: Michigan
    AGE or AGE RANGE: 44
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS: I am primarily interested in learning about new products. I am not really a collector of shaving accoutrements but enjoy learning about them from those who are.
    SHAVING ITEMS YOU HAVE: Edwin Jagger, Merkur 34c, lotsa blades, Taylor of Old Bond Street lavender, Nancy Boy signature, Mystic Waters (maestrale, viola di Bosco, sensitive skin), Haslinger meerschlagen, Origins easy slider pre-shave oil, Origins firefighter aftershave balm.
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES: I run a clinic for those afflicted by CHAD here are at the shave den. I also enjoy theater, opera, good food at good restaurants, classic literature, systematic theology, etc.

3. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

NAME: Kevin
    NICKNAMES/ALIASES: N5PRE (Amateur Radio Callsign)
    WHERE YOU LIVE: Aiken, SC
    AGE or AGE RANGE: 55
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS: Vintage Gillette mostly. Have a few GEM razors. Trying out new soaps and aftershaves. Want to try straight razors eventually.
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE: 1958 Gillette TV Special, Birth QTR (4th of 1959) Fatboy, 40's style SuperSpeed, a couple of GEM razors and a 1955 Rolls Razor in great shape. Three brushes, although one (a Plisson synthetic) had the knot fall out. Looking for a better handle for it. The other two brushes are boar, one being a Semogue and the other an Omega. Currently using a souffle dish for a lather bowl, but I commissioned a local potter to make me a custom scuttle. I hope to have that in a month or so.
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES: Primarily I am a Christian and want to be a good example for others. I am also big time into photography (check out trotmanphoto.com ), collecting old radios (tube type), Amateur Radio, Cooking gluten-free for my wife, and enjoying a bourbon or scotch once in awhile.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Douglas Carey and BigMark like this.
  4. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

NAME: Troy
    WHERE YOU LIVE: Pueblo, Colorado
    AGE or AGE RANGE: 51
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS: Daily comfortable shaves
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE: Gillette New SC and LC razor, Weber PH head razor, Vie-Long horsehair, Omega boar, TGN and BodyShop synthetics, more soaps than are reasonable.
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES: High School Agriculture Teacher and FFA Advisor.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  5. Miles853

Miles853 Member

NAME: Bryan
    NICKNAMES/ALIASES: Miles853
    WHERE YOU LIVE: Falkirk, Scotland
    AGE or AGE RANGE: 45 today
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS:
    On the UK Shaving Room Forum and just joined TSD. Love watching the Shaving Bloggers on You Tube
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE:
    Razors
    Merkur 34C, Merkur 43C, Merkur Futur, Muhle R41, Ikon 101, Ikon 102, Gillette Black Beauty (Birthyear razor), Edwin Jagger DE89, Black Standard Razor, Gillette Tech

Brushes
    New Forest Chubby 2 Badger
    Edwin Jagger Super Badger 25mm
    Mervyn Cadman black hair badger
    (Custom) 26mm
    Mervyn Cadman Silvertip Badger (Custom) 24mm
    Muhle 19' STF
    Muhle 23' STF
    L'occitane Plisson
    Omega 49 Boar
    Semogue 620 Boar

Soaps- Too many to mention

OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES:
    Police Sergeant with Police Scotland with 26 years in the job. Custody Sgt.
    Book the bad guys in and look after them.
    as well as Shaving stuff do a bit of Woodturning especially penmaking
    Got my own man shed with lathe so it's all good.

Also quite fond of single malt Scotch whisky

Jayaruh likes this.
  6. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Name - Mark
    Where I Live - Connecticut
    Age - 31
    Shaving Related Interests - I do not really have any anymore. I am just enamored by that old school vibe.
    Shaving equipment I have - Razors - Schick Krona, Eversharp Double Edge Razor, Frankentech (Ikon OSS Handle/1960s Tech head) , Edwin jagger DE89
    Brushes - Simpsone Commodore X2, Omega 80097, Cream - KMF unscented, Soaps - Barrister and Mann unscented, Craftsman Soap co. - Tee Tree and Menthol, Arko, Green Mountain Soap Co. - Unscented, Aftershave - Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, Shea Moisture, Blades - Personna Israeli Red, A few random packs of other blades such as, Dorco ST-301, Perma-Sharp, 7 O'Clock Super stainless, GSB, Voskhod, Rapira Platinum Lux.
    Other Interests and Hobbies- Trying to be a Good Christian. Saltwater Fishing. (Ironic isn't it?)

7. troy_gies

troy_gies Active Member

NAME: Troy
    NICKNAMES/ALIASES: troy_gies
    WHERE YOU LIVE: South Florida
    AGE or AGE RANGE: 46
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS: Recent convert due to an AOS "starter kit" from my wife for Valentine's Day. Have come to love the Ritual of the Shave.
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE: MicroTouch Razor; AOS Preshave oil, post shave balm, and shaving cream (all Sandalwood); L'occitane Cade Shave Cream; Williams Mug Soap, C.O. Bigelow (Proraso) Shave Cream; Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated Shave Balm; and Nivea Preshave wash. -- also have a Boar Brush (PIF) on its way.
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES: Bad movies (MST3K), golf, craft beer & scotch.

Randycin617 likes this.
  8. Steinbeckian

Steinbeckian Active Member

NAME: Josh
    NICKNAMES/ALIASES: Hey You!
    WHERE YOU LIVE: Peoria, IL
    AGE or AGE RANGE: 35
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS: DE Only. Enjoying the money saved, and the experience of shaving
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE: Merkur 38BL Barber pole, Muhle R41, Plisson pour L'Occitane Brush, Weber Bulldog Handle
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES:Fountain Pens, Pipes, Golf, Video Games, All sorts of other random odds and ends

9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

NAME: Neal
    NICKNAMES/ALIASES: None that I'm aware of, though I'm sure my ex wives have a few for me.
    WHERE YOU LIVE: St. Charles, MO
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS: Vintage Gillette razors, Soviet era razors (and other history), Kamisori. Also something of a blade geek.
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE: Click on the inventory link in my signature. It's not totally up to date but close enough.
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES: NHL (Go Blues!), Camping, Movies, Druidic studies.

10. Aussierazor

Aussierazor Member

NAME: John
    NICKNAMES/ALIASES: Johnson
    WHERE YOU LIVE: adelaide south australia
    AGE or AGE RANGE: 46
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS: DE Shaving only at this stage and very new to it
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE: Muhle r89, TBS brush just to get me started..more to come
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES: playing greek bouzouki and bike riding

11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

NAME: Doug
    NICKNAMES/ALIASES: Wildman
    WHERE YOU LIVE: Carleton Place, Ontario, CDN
    AGE or AGE RANGE: 68
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS: Shaving as a hobby is new to me and thanks to TSD I have built a good Den
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE: picture, will up date when I got get the mail.;)
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES: Husband, Father, Grandfather, Golf, Club making, Shaving Brushes, Old Razor Boxes including Razor, this list could go no forever.

Wondering if @MarshalArtist works for NSA?:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Troy M likes this.
  12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Amazing photos. :happy096:

13. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

Thanks, Douglas!

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

NAME: Clint
    WHERE YOU LIVE: Atlanta, GA
    AGE or AGE RANGE:50
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS: DE and SE razors, brushes and soaps.
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE:Mongoose B2, GEM 1912, GEM Featherweight, GEM MMBT, 34cHD, 1964 Slim, 1964 SS, numerous brushes and soaps which I find more addictive than the razors.
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES: I have been riding motorcycles for 43 years. If I am not with my wife and daughters you are very likely to find me on the bike in the mountains of N GA, TN or NC.

15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

NAME: Kevin (just check my signature!)
    NICKNAMES/ALIASES: Called 'dad' by my sons; 'sweetheart' by my wife if I'm in trouble...
    WHERE YOU LIVE: in the beautiful east bay of Northern California
    SHAVING-RELATED INTERESTS: Straight razors, mostly—both the use of and the restoration.
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE: At the present time, 35+ straight razors; about a half-dozen DE razors, 7 strops, about a dozen hones and finishing stones, 14 shave brushes, a myriad of shaving soaps that I stopped counting; about a half-dozen creams (rarely use them), too many aftershaves, and several hundred DE blades that rarely get used. Time to thin the herd…
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES: woodworking, cooking (indoor and outdoor), charcuterie, guitar-playing, illustrating; I've been in the design and advertising field for over 25 years before moving into ministry work about 10 years ago—so I wear 'two hats' at the office.

16. SDK

SDK it's his fault

NAME: Scott
    WHERE YOU LIVE: Massachusetts (grew up in NY on Long Island)
    AGE or AGE RANGE: 47
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS: Heading towards SE's apparently :rolleyes:
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE: Too much to list in this format
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES: Scuba, Mountain Biking, Sci fi (both books and cheesy movies), aquariums, herpetology, marine biology, travel, sports (mostly NHL and NFL) and fitness. Being the best possible husband and father currently takes up most of my time. I am a sales exec in the printing, graphic arts and marketing fields..

17. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

NAME:
    NICKNAMES/ALIASES: None
    WHERE YOU LIVE: Cleveland
    AGE or AGE RANGE: 35
    SHAVING RELATED INTERESTS: I guess it really all boils down to getting a great, repeatable shave. I would like to become proficient in straight razor shaving so I can have a weekend shave option that's different to the weekdays!
    SHAVING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE: Lord L6 (like), Parker 26c (dislike the head, love the handle), Merkur Futur (like), JR Torrey straight (not enough use for an opinion, need a strop!). 80 or so Voskhod blades and a few odds and ends from a blade sampler pack. Semogue 1305 (primary), VDH Premium badger (occasional use). Prorasso green (meh), Synergy Frostbyte (meh), VDH premium (not bad), lots of Stirling (all great). VDH apothecary mug.
    OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES: Running, soccer, craft beer, homebrewing. When I can. Mostly though, two young kids and a new house that has lots of projects means there isn't a lot of time for those.

18. MarshalArtist

If I was NSA, I would already have this information.

19. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

We already have it. Submit a form 3215-a for a copy.

Herm2502 and Douglas Carey like this.
  20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy097:

markjnewcomb likes this.