The slow boat.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DDuckyMark, Jun 2, 2016.

1. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I recently ordered some blades from Russia and I'm worried about the shipping. After I got the expected delivery date between the 22nd of this month and the 6th of next I wondered if they gave these blades to one of @NCoxSTL's goons to deliver to me. I'm seeing a well shaved Russian thug rowing an innertube across the ocean using Stoli bottles as oars. This is my first time buying direct from Russia so I don't know what to expect.

How long has shipping from Russia taken for the rest of you?

preidy, whiteboy_cannon and NCoxSTL like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I don't have any info or opinion about shipping times.
    I have wondered how much cargo is salvageable from the bottom of the Pacific.
    cargo ship dumping.jpg

3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'm assuming you ordered from Ebay. Do you have the sellers name? I may be able to shed some light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  4. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

2-4 weeks in my experience

RaZorBurn123 and NCoxSTL like this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

The fastest I ever received any from the motherland was 11 days. Boris was in charge of that one. Longest was around 4 weeks but it took a week to ship after ordering. I currently have 100 inbound from a new to me seller. Ordered May 20, arrived ISC New York the 31st. So I am saying early next week arrival.

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  6. DDuckyMark

vyatko is the seller. I think it is your new guy.

NCoxSTL likes this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Yes it is. Use my last answer as a guide then because that's who I'm waiting on. I'm not sure he sent it registered like most so I was a bit concerned but seems like he's good.

Just fyi, if you are ever considering buying Russian and don't know the seller hit me up. I can usually tell you their reliability. And you all thought the Cartel was fictitious.

Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  8. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I had an order that took 6 weeks

NCoxSTL likes this.
  9. DDuckyMark

So far I was impressed. I ordered it at about 2:30pm EST and I had active tracking at 5:00pm EST I'm still showing it in Russia but I'm hoping for a quick ship.

NCoxSTL likes this.
  10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Sometimes customs can be a delay but more likely on our end than theirs.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You'll get them.

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

So buy American!

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Well I've been down this road about six times. If your not a very patient person this will be painful. Before you receive your blades there is a high probability that you will celebrate another birthday, an anniversary, birth of a child or grand child, re-elect your state rep, see the changing of the seasons and buy and receive and use 3.6 new or vintage razors. Just kidding. I've received most my orders on an average of just over 6 weeks. But in one instance it took 3 months. In that particular case I received a refund (as lost) re-ordered and received the 2nd order of blades - then and out of no where my initial order arrived. Go figure. All in all you can't beat the price and IMV it's worth the wait. Hang in there.

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. DDuckyMark

Just under $30 for 200 NOS blades that work amazingly in my razors for my face. I think it is well worth the wait.

15. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I sometimes wait in between 2-4 weeks from Russia. No biggie, I'm used to that when ordering from China.

Funny thing is, sometimes when I order from the US, it gets here faster than when I order from UK. No one beats Germany though.. that's some precise machinery they got going! Ordnung muss sein! :D