The Softest Brush in the world.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by shave/brush, Nov 6, 2014.

1. shave/brush

shave/brush Active Member

Every time I use my H.I.S. brush by Beauty Strokes I am always amazed at how soft the bristles feel. A lot of people talk about the Plisson synthetic being very soft on your face, and it is but it still can’t compare to the H.I.S. brush for a soft touch. They also have a very nice handle. The price on them are not bad either. You get an outstanding brush for your money.

GDCarrington, MoAllen and Omelmad like this.
  2. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Kent bk you pick your size they are all extremely soft

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I had a Kent BK8 and it was way to soft and floppy for me

Bristle Me likes this.
  4. shave/brush

For me, the H.I.S. has just the right amount of backbone.

MoAllen likes this.
  5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Synthetic? I have a Plisson, I can't imagine a softer brush =P I wish I had a silvertip to compare it with

6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I have
    pur-tech

Kent silvertex
    don't know how they measure up. both my synthetics are very soft.

7. shave/brush

I have a Plisson, Muhle, Jack Black, Parker, Men-U, and the H.I.S. I feel the H.I.S. is by far the softest of them all.

MoAllen and Omelmad like this.
  8. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Those H.I.S. brushes are, indeed, very soft! Congratulations on the brush! :)

MoAllen likes this.
  9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

In my opinion the fibers made by or for FM Brush for the H.I.S. brush are still the very best Generation 4 fibers available.

When I began to start discussing this brush two years ago, I was met with a mix of likes and dislikes on the various forums.

Here is my first thread on the H.I.S. that introduced it to the Traditional Shaving community.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/h-i-s-synthetic-brush.28218/

It is too bad they did not follow up with better handles (The Bullet is nothing but a stick) , but that does not stop some people from correcting that issue.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/a-tale-of-two-handles-but-only-one-knot-decision-time.40006/

CyanideMetal and MoAllen like this.
  10. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

The HIS brushes are my favorites. I have four of them in my brush rotation, but only one with the factory handle.

GDCarrington likes this.