The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

I've got Stirling Noir (Drakkar Noir clone) soap and AS on deck for all next week. Applied properly, it's a WONDERFUL scent!

I do agree, though, if over-applied it can be a bit much. Growing up in the 80's and early 90's this scent is burned into my memory.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks for the tip...I thought the REGULAR DN smelled pretty great(had free "sniffs" from Men's Health magazine pages, ,lol).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  3. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I agree with you. These scents are classics for a reason. Eternity has been around for decades so I recommended it for the black Friday sale. Rod told me that they are considering that one for some time next year. If they do I am definitely on the hook for a couple tubs and probably some for gifts! Happy shaving all!

4. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I usually do not post my shaves, but this combo was sooo delightful!

I really like this razor. Limited edition, Sunday Shaver. I believe the only Dovo offering to share the Bergischer Löwe blank. TSS if you are in the buying mode.

Stirling for Him, gotta be the Mostest Glorious Stank! Hope it comes back again.

Say what you want on brushes, a Simpson Super can't be beat.

20181028_160340-1.jpg

ezlovan, Terry, john zeiger and 6 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Crazy weather this week...I bet we break a record for warmest Nov 1. Almost makes me want to reach for my Glacial Wintergreen-well, it won't be THAT warm. But I'll have the li'l brudder ready to go tomorrow.

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SfH is indeed some Glorious Stank, and SWMBO approved!

ezlovan, Yehuda D, Terry and 5 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Mr. Cawtuh wants us to say what we want on brushes-I'll say I've been enjoying my two Stoylins :).

8. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

My Stirling tuxedo synthetic gets most of my use, followed by my Stirling badger. Everyone should have at least 1 of each.

ezlovan, Yehuda D, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  9. Linuxguile

Or five

ezlovan, Yehuda D, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

This commercial was brought to you by "Lino The 'Stoylin Tux Synthetic And Badger Razor' Man :)

11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

November 1st
    Razor: Blackland Dart
    Blade: Astra SP (1)
    Brush: Switchback/TGN boar
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Port AU Prince
    Stirling mentholated witch hazel
    AS: Stirling Port AU Prince
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

[​IMG]
    My first shave with the new Dovo Masters. (For those interested, SRD is running a 40% off their whole site, so you will not find a professionally honed Dovo at a better price). Anyway, I don't buy in to the theory that soaps are seasonal. However, there are a few exceptions, and Pumpkin Spice is one of those. I just don't see it as being anything but a fall scent, so as a result, this sample doesn't get much use. Too bad, because it's freaking awesome! In fact, for the kind of lather I like (slick, but with some body to it), the wide variety of really excellent, bold scents, and the value for the money, no one approaches Stirling. No one. After trying and reviewing many, many, soaps I keep coming back to Stirling and am never disappointed with the experience

13. Paul Turner

2 special announcements: 1)-Only 3 weeks left to "be imaginative"(or was that imaginABLE)before I close out the Stoylin 2019 Tony Awards nominations. 2)-This coming Monday(11-5)will mark 2 years that this thread has been in existence. Wow.335 pages(maybe up to 400 by 11-5)in just two years. Great job!!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

November 2nd
    Razor: Blackland Dart
    Blade: Astra SP (2)
    Brush: Switchback/TGN boar
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Port AU Prince
    Stirling Bergamot Lavender witch hazel
    AS: Stirling Port AU Prince

Excellent lather from the mutton this morning![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. Linuxguile

SOTD November 2nd
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Blackland Blackbird SB
    RazoRock Game Changer .84-P
    Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
    Yaqi Moka Express (26mm, Frigate class)
    Stirling Hot Apple Cider
    The Blades Grim Smolder AS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

I start the shave with some Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap. I was never a believer in preshave until this. Very lightly mentholated (I don't even notice it anymore) and loaded with Glycerine it helps soften up the whiskers before you shave. I find this particularly useful if I shave without taking a shower first. It is also super slick in itself, I find it a challenge holding on to anything after I apply this stuff. While the preshave sits on my face I load my brush and build my lather. Of course the lather was super shiny, creamy, and goopy because I was using a Stirling soap. I apply the lather to my face directly over the preshave soap and am then ready to go. During the shave I do start to notice a bit of tingle from the cinnamon oil in the Hot Apple Cider soap, but nothing I can't ignore.

16. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I enjoy Drakkar Noir a lot. My wife is neutral about it.

17. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Spent all week with Stirling Noir, and it didn't disappoint. Same stellar performance along with an excellent scent.

Breaking out Christmas Eve all next week, now that we're into the holiday season.

18. Paul Turner

Well, forget the 400...we're still at 335 with a day to go before the anniversary.

19. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Well I placed MY vote last with an order comprised solely of Christmas Eve products.

Some for me and some for gifts. Just can’t get enough of that scent!

20. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Got my Order in Yesterday. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk