The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

"li'l brudder" brush set to go for me tomorrow. :)

ezlovan, Yehuda D, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks!
    I like the activated charcoal. Leaves my face feeling good. It's a part of my night time routine. Wash my face with the activated charcoal, a splash of witch hazel and a moisturizer before bed. I'm getting old and I look it, trying to slow the aging process a little.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Nonsense!

ezlovan, Yehuda D, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Andrew! Lunch is on me next time we get together.

5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

6. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much my brother!

7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My pleasure! :)

8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

January 30th
    Razor: Supply Co 2dot
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Brush: PAA Green Ray
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Lemony Orange
    Stirling Lemon Chill witch hazel
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: Stirling Lemony Orange
    [​IMG]

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228, Yehuda D and 7 others like this.
  9. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Wow @Frejolero you have excellent recall. I remembered the good Doc explained it but forgot that it was in this thread. Great job!

Since the AS came in, I finally got to use Stirling One last night. Nice scent, but my sniffer is a little busted right now so I apologize for not being able to give you a better description. I do have to say that I much prefer Deep Blue Sea and Kaboom. (Smelling the container before my sinuses started messing up) I really regret not getting Kaboom for myself as well and I still think that Stirling One is pleasant though. My two youngest liked it and asked to pretend shave with it. They have come a long way with their lather building! Lol As always, happy shaving all!

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228, Yehuda D and 6 others like this.
  10. Linuxguile

I found that Stirling One transformed quite a bit when lathered. I agree with you on Deep Blue Sea, man that's a great scent! I would rank them DBS>One>Haverford>Kaboom

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228, Yehuda D and 5 others like this.
  11. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Stirling One did smell different lathered. The boys did smell quite wonderful at bedtime. I haven't had the opportunity to smell Haveford. There's just something special about that Deep Blue Sea! I hope that it comes out as a body butter, lotion and edt.

12. Paul Turner

Is it kind of like Aqua Velva?(DBS)

13. Linuxguile

Not at all!!! And if you ask my wife that is a good thing!

14. Paul Turner

I guess we can cross HER off as one of the "There's Something About....An A-qua Velva Maaaaannnn" ads, eh?

15. Linuxguile

Her response would be something like "Yeah, They're walking around the retirement home"

16. Paul Turner

I'd come back with "Better Aqua Velva than Axe".

17. Linuxguile

Six of one half a dozen of the other LOL :happy097:. Oh wait, were not talking Clubman! :happy108:

18. Paul Turner

Funny, I was just going to bring up Ed Pinaud!! Course Clubman goes back waaaay further than AV.

19. Linuxguile

Of course I jest, Paul. This was my comment on what Deep Blue Sea smells like "The scent of Deep Blue Sea is amazing, nice modern cologne scent with a bit of floral in the opening and a slight woodsiness in the base. "

20. Paul Turner

Slight, eh? Yes, do you realize we've been talkinabout Axe, Clubman, and Aqua Velva in The Stoylin Exchange? Wonder how Doc Ezlovan will react. But back to DPS, a "modern cologne" scent-I suppose most colognes are modern, right, if you count, say, Drakkar Noir(the 1980's), and many of these others I never heard of before that we can sniff for free in magazines.