The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I just ordered a set of the Blu yesterday. The refill puck, and splash ought to be here within the week. I'm really looking forward to trying it.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Yehuda D, Frijolero and 6 others like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks, Paul!

ezlovan, Yehuda D, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As I wrote in another thread, the Frost Drops came out in excess this morning, but my fault....I didn't squeeze the top, just took it off and squeezed.

Gnomeo0228, ezlovan, Yehuda D and 4 others like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD July 17th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO#94 Schick Type C Prototype 1
    Schick Proline B20
    Simpson's CH2 Synthetic (27mm, Destroyer Class)
    Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Soap, AS, and EdT

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Gnomeo0228, ezlovan, Yehuda D and 7 others like this.
  5. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

My Stirling order came in today. I'm really impressed with scent of the EDT, it's smells very close to Polo Blue, it's fresh and you can really smell the cucumber and melon. I'm just sprayed it on so I haven't gotten to the heart yet but so far I really like it. The scent off the puck is light but I have no doubt it will open up upon lathering. We're going to top 106 today so I'm excited about the MITA bath soaps. The freebie bar of Deep Blue Sea also smells great. This box just makes me happy.
    [​IMG]

Gnomeo0228, ezlovan, Yehuda D and 8 others like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Nice lineup indeed.

7. Paul Turner

The Sharp Dressed Man sample hand-wash is beginning to crack. Think I'll go with the full-sized Mentha-Scrub next.....anything to avoid heat, given what sent me to the hospital. Heat in the summer, I should say. I betcha that first hand-wash with the Mentha-scrub will blow me away!! Well, GOOD. :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

July 18th
    Razor: '41 Gillette Ranger Tech
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
    Brush: 30DC LE V2
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Blood on Steel
    Stirling mentholated witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: Stirling Blood on Steel

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. Paul Turner

I'm bringing the Frost Drops back out for tomorrow...this time I hope do it better than yesterday. No more Niagra Falls. Looked over my Den yesterday-it's getting pretty crowded in there. One more purchases this year, two next year(the first of which will be the Stoylin Tony champion)and I do think I'll be set for a NB 2021. This coming from a man who has learned to appreciate the art of mindfulness(living in the moment), lol.

10. Paul Turner

And now an update-it's all set for use....that is a COLD soap-kinda mint fresh. Now I won't have to worry about not using any menthol each Menthol Monday-just washing my hands will suffice(chuk yuk yuk).

11. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

C3BAE693-0022-4D67-BED6-069E1D809C2A.jpeg It was time for a Grand Freeze so the Glacial MITA was on call. The Glacial Unscented balm is plenty icy also!

12. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Paul, I hope ( and it sounds like) you are doing well after your hospital stay. It's sure good to have you back.

13. Paul Turner

John thank you :). In fact, I have good news(and some bad news). The good news is, I can drive again. My doctor wrote a letter for me to give to my neurologist when I see him on the 31st. I'm guessing my doc looked at all the medical reports from the hospital, and said "Why are they telling him not to drive?". The bad news-and I can appreciate this news actually-is he doesn't want me to work out at the gym until the humidity goes away. The AC really isn't that strong in there as it is.

14. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

The thing about it Paul, at least around here, is that summer doesn't last that long and its about ½ over. Glad to hear that that most things are going well.

15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Opened up a new sample bar of Glacial Spearmint to use in the shower. Wow!! Glacial bar soap in the summer is awesome! Was careful not to get too nuts with it.

16. Paul Turner

That's right John...these days, even in early/mid August kids begin thinking about school/college again. September can have some days of humidity here, but it isn't the same as what we get in July and August. Now I can get back to Stoylin goofiness :).

17. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I used my Glacial MITA bar soap last night and was very cautious in that area. I learned more than I care to know on this topic from @Drygulch :)

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    ...or too close...:happy097:

Frijolero, ob1page, Yehuda D and 6 others like this.
  19. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

My Stirling Blu is enroute as of 8:55 this morning. The other good new's is I have hot water again in my apartment. The upper element went out causing the thermostat breaker to cut off power to the water heater. It got old reactivating the breaker every morning. Should have nice warm water for my shave this afternoon.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

20. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:happy102:

ezlovan, john zeiger, jluc and 2 others like this.