The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Last night's Stirling shave was Agar, and it was the perfect scent for a tiring fall day. I used Proraso Wood & Spice balm to finish, and a light dose of the matching EDT this morning. It's a mature, businesslike scent that matched the appointments I had today.

Tonight was Haverford. MAN I love that scent! The soap is scent is still on my face almost two hours later. Tomorrow morning I'll apply a tasteful quantity of that heavenly aftershave. My coworkers like the tobacco scent so I won't feel guilty for having a great day.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's why I don't use straight up cologne. Products that are titled "Aftershave&Cologne" will do, though,( such as Aqua Velva Musk).

3. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info my friend! I'm really looking forward to these!

4. Latherin’ Luddite

Today’s Stirling report:

The day was average at best, but I smelled AWESOME all day with Haverford! I also introduced a wet shaving co-worker to Stirling by gifting him a puck of SDM.

Jim99, Frijolero, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  5. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you for doing that. I hope he enjoys it.

Jim99, Frijolero, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  6. Paul Turner

I'm still enjoying my Agar Bath/Hand Soap. (I use it mainly for hand-washing).

Jim99, Frijolero, ezlovan and 5 others like this.
  7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Here’s my Sunday planned SOTD:[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim99, Frijolero, ezlovan and 7 others like this.
  8. Gnomeo0228

I love stories like this!

9. Gnomeo0228

I saw that Rod posted the new HMW Badger brushes...they look incredible!

10. Gnomeo0228

You guys see the new video Rod posted with the new bowls and brushes in action? NOw all we need are the new Razors and Creed Dupe lol

chevyguy, brit, Paul Turner and 12 others like this.
  11. Latherin’ Luddite

By using Rod’s brush technique as a baseline, I was able to calculate that my brushes will last forever. :D

12. Paul Turner

I've nominated two brushes thus far for the Stoylin Tony Awards "Best In Show" finals. New brushes will be eligible for next year's Tonys.

ezlovan, Linuxguile, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  13. Paul Turner

My vote is for Creed Viking(that one looks nice). I'll leave it up to Doc Ezlovan to name it(well, of course-that's what he does anyway, chukkity-yuk-yuk).

14. Gnomeo0228

Rod is duping Creed Santal. I think it'll be called Traveling Man? I think lol

15. Latherin’ Luddite

I have a Stirling question:

What are the differences between the bath bars and the shampoo bars? Could I simply life and wash my hair with bath soap? I could try a wider variety of soaps if I didn’t split my time between two kinds of soap.

Full disclosure, I actually have tried a bath bar in my hair last night and built a great lather faster than the shampoo bar does. I don’t have any long term experience doing this however, so I don’t know if there’s a catch.

16. Paul Turner

That's like a Sandalwood, right?

17. Latherin’ Luddite

I just looked up Santal on Creeds website, and the fragrance definitely reads like one I might like a lot. I have complete faith that Rod will do a great job.

Adding it to the list.

18. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I think the shampoo is more gentle and contains nutrients for hair.

19. Latherin’ Luddite

Thanks. I need to compare the labels I guess, and then maybe try an extended use and watch for any issues. I’m sure that even the bath soap is much better for my skin than any mainstream commercial stuff, so it might be OK for my noggin too.

20. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I used a bar of the Bay Rum Bath Soap for over a month in the shower and I had no problems with using it as a shampoo. I don't use a hair conditioner either.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk