The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Overboard???
    No true Stirling Fanboy ever gives that a thought.
    Nice haul.

2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Yeah, What he said!!
    BTW there are a few more green tubs in the in the stacks since I took this pic.

3. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

So... much... goodness! :drool:

4. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Paul, order some samples of the Lemon Chill, and the Lime SS if you don't have it all ready. I cut the samples in half and combine them side by side in my Old Spice mug. I layer the samples two deep so both samples are used. There is nothing better than super mentholated lemon/lime shaving lather.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hi Clayton, I'm not as creative as you in that sense, but you can be sure I'll be comfortable with my shave gear for the upcoming summer.

ezlovan, Frijolero, Yehuda D and 3 others like this.
  6. SlowRoller47

SlowRoller47 Active Member

Or ad some frost drops?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GM1913 met Tapatalk

7. Edison Carter

I'm due for a Glacial Lemon + lime. Thanks for the reminder

ezlovan, Frijolero, Yehuda D and 4 others like this.
  8. Paul Turner

I already have Frost Drops-they're in refrig ready to go for the warmer months.

9. Paul Turner

Andrew, I shrunk my print again....you helped me get it back to normal size before....Control, Alt, and I forgot the last part. What is it again?

10. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Was it just the font, or is everything smaller? If everything is smaller, you can hit 'ctrl' and '+' to make everything bigger (keep hitting it to make it as big as you want). In case you go too large, 'ctrl' and '-' will decrease the size.

11. Paul Turner

Everything is. I'm trying your way as we speak. Hey, that solved it!!!(Control and plus.). Thanks Tim :).

12. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Control+0 resets the zoom to 100%

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

13. Paul Turner

Thank you Andrew.....Tim(Mr. Abababa)got to me before you did, and I fixed it, but thanks again. Now the issue is-how did I mess it up in the first place??? :signs081:

14. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

That sounds like something I'd try. Plus lemon and lime I'd think would be awesome together. What do you follow it up with for A/S?

15. Paul Turner

Andrew, I've been saying that if I ever was in Colorado Springs and came to visit you guys, as soon as I would ring the doorbell, you'd tell me to wait 5 minutes so you can move all the Stoylins out of the way and let me in!! :)

16. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Stirling Mentholated Lime AS. or
    Stirling Bay Rum AS.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

17. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have my Menthol Monday setup planned:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint SS
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint ASB
    B&M Arctique AS Splash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Paul Turner

It's good to know we can add "Glacial" to Spearmint.

19. Edison Carter

Feb. 2020 closer.

Inspired by one dedicated Stirling Fan over in the Stirling Exchange thread, @chevyguy has lead me to citrus bliss. The soap combo from samples is Glacial Lemon Chill mixed with Lime. The menthol carries well, and I sense more lemon than lime. Refreshing!

First shave with the Schick Krona raffle prize as graciously donated by @John Beeman. My experience with TTO tooling is limited, but I'm going to rank this closely behind the Gillette Flair Tip. Maybe a tad more aggressive and more capable of delivering a blade binkie. I like the lower weight and longer handles on n/s moves.

The tall and dark synthetic by WCS delivered perfect suds in the Symmetrical Pottery bowl that was not made for cereals.

I didn't have Lemon AS so I had to settle for Glacial Lemony Orange and Menthol Lime. Fun, Fresh and clean.

My new experiences with the TTO raffle winnings is going to bring some focus shaves my way.

[​IMG]

Edison Carter reporting for Network XXIII, or 20 minutes into the future.

20. Edison Carter

March Madness
    I will use a shavette about 50% of the time. Hopefully complete my evals. of artist club type blades I want to stock. I'll squeeze in a few straight shaves.

Today 3/1
    Preshave - Proraso
    Soap - Stirling Blood on Steel 2019
    Brush - Simpsons Emperor 2
    Bowl - tiny tiny plastic
    Razor 1 - Gillette Flair Tip SS, Personna Blue (2)
    Razor 2 - Feather Artist Club DX, Kai Captain Original (2)
    Post - alum, Trumpers Lime Skin Food
    Aftershave - Stirling Tsuka Splash-On

I started with the 'new to me' Flair Tip with A Personna Blue on (2). The Max Headroom Shaving Assn. had formally decreed this blade to be in the 'one and done' category. The maiden voyage with this instrument was so surprisingly pleasant that I had to give the set-up a 2nd run. Even Edison Carter, needs to be reminded occasionally that arguing against the decrees of his alter ego is futile. The first pass indicated that while still delivering an adequate result, the experience was no longer a pleasure. The set-up was sent to the locker room, bringing in from the bench, the Feather DX with a Kai Captain Original (2) chambered and ready to save the day. So sorry for the Captain, but today is your last. Just too many others more readily available that I like more.

This tiny shave bowl might be better for the haters to eat soup from than it is for whipping lather. It is a convenient rest for the awesome performing little Simpson super badger.

I do remember when I'd use a safety razor to rescue an open blade shave, so here is one for everyone starting out for their Jedi Masters Degree this month.

Just in time to replace the emptying of my first bottle of BoS (Tsuka) aftershave I received this Tsuka that failed to make the grade for @timabababaluka who graciously gifted it to me. Apparently he heard somewhere that I was the #1 Tsuka fan and would be sure to get it used. Thanks Tim and Godspeed on your shavette journey.

[​IMG]

Edison CARTER here, reporting for Network XXIII now MARCHing forward certified blipvert-free.