The traveling Lord L6 aka LP1822L review

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dridecker, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:smiley respect: As Bob and Steve have spoken, so it shall be done! :biggrin: I was leaning that way myself...

Wanna give the Traveling Lord L6 a test drive? Here is the deal ...

I'm going to limit its travels to the USA (not CONUS) and Canada, so be aware you may have to fill out a customs form when you mail out to the next person, and I also ask that you have a minimum of only 10 posts to qualify.

Post your desire to try it out in this thread, and I will send you a PM to get your mailing info.

All I ask is that at the end of your time with the L6, let's say a blade or two, that you post your thoughts about the razor in this thread, and to give it a good cleaning before mailing it off to the next inline.

I'll leave the L6 roaming around until it gets lost, broken, or there is no more interest in it.

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

:happy096:

I just had an idea! We should have it be like a Ron Jon's sticker or Flat Stanley! As it makes it's rounds, someone takes a pic with it in a place it is at. Like say, if someone lives in San Fran, the Golden Gate Bridge int he background, or St. Lois, the Arch in the background. Or whatever. Nothing forced of course but it would be neat to see some stuff like that. I wish I'd have thought about that when I had it, I would have taken it somewhere for a picture.

Just an idea. Not trying to make it cumbersome or detract from participation.

tomnat likes this.
  3. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

And it can send post cards, and say how much it's enjoying it's vacation, and it can get rich making Travelocity commercials!

tomnat and battle.munky like this.
  4. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

Good idea. That sounds great!

5. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

OK so who is next? Any takers???

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

No one yet Bill. :think002:

7. Billr

I guess I will take it out to the tube and load her up for another week!

8. scott wein

I'd be up to trying my shot as a razor reviewer.

Alebrewer likes this.
  9. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:happy088: Sounds good Scott, Bill will be sending you a PM shortly to get your shipping info.

10. scott wein

great news...it will be fun to experiment and try something different.

11. Billr

And it is off to Florida! Thanks Bill for including me on this - it was fun and I have added this razor to my want list.

You will enjoy the razor Scott!

Alebrewer likes this.
  12. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Hummmpppfffttt! I can't believe I missed posting about my experience with this L6 in this thread ... I see Jeff made it. :p

I shave with this razor almost exclusively now. I will throw a token shave in with a different razor every now and then, but for the most part, it's the L6 for me. I get such a close shave with this razor I can't imagine using a different one. Not to mention I can truly get away with an ever other day shave and not experience too much stubble. The angle of the blade in the razor is perfect for shaving my legs as I only go from the ankle to the top of my thigh. I never shave WTG or XTG.

It hasn't mattered at this point what blade I have used, the shave is the same. I have used the Voskhod, Super Max Super Platinum, Gillette 7OC Black, Sharp Stainless .. maybe others. I told Jeff I wanted to try a Dorco 301-ST to see if the shave was more aggressive than this blade in the Weishi Gunmetal, the Weishi was my first experience with a DE.

As much as I love my Ladies, both Stars and Eversharps, I may love this razor even more. For the cost of the razor, it could find a home in anyone's Den.

scott wein likes this.
  13. scott wein

The Traveling Lord Arrives :
    And from hot towel, to menthol palmolive, to Aqua Velva Ice Sport I received a chilling shave.

The Lord was paired with a Lord Platinum, and thanx to Bill R for shipping it.

I shaved wtg, xtg, atg, extra neck pass and touch ups. I did not want to push the razor in the "hot spots" on our first meeting, but tomorrow I will go there as the razor can surely do it.

All in all a shave just shy of BBS and an enjoyable shave at that.

The razor really surprised me. Sure the threading is a bit rough and the razor a bit light. Sure it doesn't have the world's greatest plating.

What it did have was the ability to deliver a great shave and I look forward to shaving with it again.

And at eleven dollars, it is about the price of a Fusion for a shave that just can't be compared to a cart.

scott

newb, Dridecker, Nick A and 1 other person like this.
  14. Alebrewer

Alebrewer Active Member

I had the same concern about the threading on my L6 the first couple of times I assembled it - it seems that Lord packages theses razors without a trial fitting. The threads on mine seemed to clean up really nice after the about 3-4 blade changes.

scott wein likes this.
  15. scott wein

Good to hear, it is proving to be a nice shave. Very pleasantly surprised Ale

Alebrewer likes this.
  16. scott wein

I have kept the Lord long enough, it is time for it to nest again. It will be missed

I learned so much from this razor and many of my first passes where taken with the Lord. The longer handle gave me a better 'handle' on my angles, and I would apply that to the Jagger, which has really paid off.

The cons are but a few, finish/plating/blade application/screw back together

But at this price who can complain.

My other con was it is to mild for BBS on a regular basis. That said, it's mildness makes it newbie friendly and you will achieve DFS shave after shave and with a milder beard, hit a few BBS.'
    It is currently into day two of a scrubbing bubbles bath, and will come out later and get rinsed off.

This razor was key to my development. I learned a lot from it and am glad I accepted it as a visit.

Billr, newb, Dridecker and 1 other person like this.
  17. scott wein

Who is next up for the Lord?

18. mondoj

mondoj Well-Known Member

I would like to try it

scott wein and Alebrewer like this.
  19. John Janoch

John Janoch New Member

well I guess I jumped the gun and bought one after reading Drideckers praises in his Newbie posting. So while I don't need the test subject in this thread, once I get mine and give it a week I will be happy to post my results not only on this razor but from the view of someone who is trying a safety razor for the first time. Talk to you all soon!

swarden43 and Alebrewer like this.
  20. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

PLANofMAN likes this.