The Twelve-Step Shaving Program

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Smott, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

The following has been adapted from the Alcoholics Anonymous' Twelve-Step Program for use by wet-shavers:
    1. We admitted we were powerless over beards—that our whiskers had become unmanageable.
    2. Came to believe that a method greater than a Mach 3 could restore us to sanity.
    3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to The Shave Den.
    4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves and our current shaving tools.
    5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our multi-blade wrongs.
    6. Were entirely ready to have Mantic59 remove all these defects of character.
    7. Humbly asked GDCarrington to recommend a brush.
    8. Made a list of all epidermal surfaces we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
    9. Made direct amends to artisan soap-makers and high-quality manufacturers whose products we had been oblivious to.
    10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong about a popular cream or blade's effectiveness, promptly admitted it.
    11. Sought through practice and purchase to improve our conscious contact with our face, praying only for knowledge of whether to bowl or face lather, and the 30-60 minutes to carry that out.
    12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to cartridge and electric shavers, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

2. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Hi, my name is Josh, and I am an addict.

trader ron, Hanzo, fishcrow and 3 others like this.
  3. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Hello, my name is Jerald, and I'm a soapaholic, Weberholic, Personna Labaholic, Aqua Velvaholic, and a Clubmanholic! Well, there are a few (dozen) more as well...

4. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Wetshavaholics Anonymous?:shaver:whacky011:

5. jeraldgordon

What are you tailing about - I can quit any time I want too!

trader ron, Slipperyjoe and Hanzo like this.
  6. Smott

"This is my last pass...I swear!"

7. jeraldgordon

Well, maybe just one more for the road...

8. Smott

Oh, who am I kidding? I could shave any of you under the table, any day of the week!

jeraldgordon likes this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'm glad that you found a source of comfort and help for your problem, Steve. I on the other hand am thankful that i don't have any problems. I am in control of my shaving habit. My shaving habit does not control me...it only controls my bank account.;)

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

... it only controls what use to be your bank account! ;)

11. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I'm Brad I admit that I'm a Shaveholic, I'm addicted to Semogue brushes, RazzoRock soaps, Vintage Gillette Razors and so much more.
    I love my addiction for a great shave every morning, a shave that is far superior to any cartridge razor shave.

Steve great post.

trader ron, Smott and Slipperyjoe like this.
  12. mantic

mantic U TOOB

13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    That was awesome. You should drop in more often, Mantic.

Maybe you are right, Steve, I had to do step six 3 times this morning.

trader ron likes this.
  14. jeraldgordon

Ummm, the stuff "under" the table does NOT get shaved...!

trader ron and PLANofMAN like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My legs are under the table, and they do.

16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Sounds like ARP to me! ;)

17. Smott

I just watched this for the fifth time and it still cracks me up—and removes all my defects of character.

PLANofMAN likes this.