The "Updated" Smart-Helix Update

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, May 14, 2023.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Hi folks.

I’m going to be using this updated “update” thread to let you know what’s happening with the Smart-Helix company in Ukraine. As I’ve said before I am a 2nd generation Canadian Ukrainian.Both sets of grandparents emigrated from Ukraine and I know I still have relatives back there.

Victor and his company of designers, engineers, machinists and their families have produced an excellent razor…the Apollo and Apollo Light. My razor was one of, if not the last, razor to have been shipped before the war started.
    All I’m doing is relaying info on the company etc to the members. Because I have been in contact with Victor this is a personal choice on my part.
    What follows is an excerpt from an email between Victor and I. This was from a few months ago.

“But the main bad news is that the war has already ruined many companies much larger and richer than ours. We are still holding on. And we are not going to give up. But apparently third-party support will not hurt us. The most difficult part of the war is ahead - a cruel and prolonged missile terror against the energy sector of Ukraine and civilians... A hard winter awaits us...

The next excerpt is from a few weeks ago and is a reminder to me that if I’m having a bad day…things could be a lot worse…

“Sorry for the long silence. I'm glad you're interested in my condition. I'm sure you have enough worries without me.
    I saw your message as soon as it arrived but each subsequent day brought problems one after another. We say: big trouble does not come alone. And war is probably the biggest disaster known. So my family has suffered an additional misfortune - my father has already been on the verge of death twice in the last couple of months due to heart attacks and still cannot leave the hospital. In truth, his condition worsened six months ago, but according to the doctors, it was not as critical as it is now. Then it happened after a direct hit by a large-caliber projectile in the parents' house. Mom and Dad miraculously survived and left the city.
    Now he is a little better and my mother can look after him herself, and I got a little time to rest.
    The situation with my father's health is very unstable and only God knows how long it will last. The war has no end in sight and my family's resources are gradually depleted, both moral and material. But I do not lose hope and once again thank you for your attention. I hope for the best and I wish you all the best.”

The resilience of Smart-Helix and Ukraine is a true inspiration and if you would like to assist go to www.patreon.com and type Smart Helix in to the search bar which will take you to the correct page for S-H. This is not a request it’s simply directions to where a person can go if they wish to be of help.

I will be staying in contact with S-H as long as they can respond to my emails. If any of you would like to contact S-H as well you can email to www.smart-helix.com Not going to say they will be able to get back to you but they will if they are able.

As soon as I hear anything you will too.

Thanks to all of you from me and S-H
    IMG_2524.jpeg

2. huck1680

Hi guys. A quick "update", there've been a couple of people who have decided to help S-H through Patreon, so that's good.
    Also if you want/need to contact S-H use smarthelixgroup@gmail.com
    Cheers

Shaver X and Enrico like this.
  3. huck1680

The latest from Victor and S-H
    "Obviously, thanks to you, two new patrons have appeared in recent days. If their number increases noticeably, it will help our company to get through the dark times and maintain the production potential. In Kharkiv, I had my own premises for production and this reduced the overall costs. Now, after moving to the western part of Ukraine, the maintenance of metalworking equipment in a new location requires a monthly rent. As you understand, without active production, this immediately entails net losses. I hope that the situation will change soon, but until then we still need to somehow survive..."

"Now for all of us, both for my business partners and for hired workers, the situation in families is not much better than mine. All young women and children from every family have left Ukraine and are in the European Union. My wife and son are also now abroad (14 months already). Honestly, I'll tell you - I've never been in such a painful position as now... The situation is further complicated by the fact that all the country's medical care is now directed to the needs of the army and civilians can receive service only in extreme critical cases. I was frankly lucky when my father was taken to the hospital ..."

As you can see, things aren't getting any better. The good part is they are trying to stay together and keep the company moving forward.

PLANofMAN and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. huck1680

Ok guys
    The latest news is Victors father had to have his leg amputated. They do not believe he will survive this. Victor still hasn't seen his wife and son for a year and a half...

jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Very nice.

Apollo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Gentlemen Style FB[/url]​

WhyAreYouMe and elektrotasil like this.