The Veg Pass Around

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by ob1page, Feb 11, 2017.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Well, that explains the HazMat vans...

2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Don't forget to use appropriate packaging. [​IMG]

3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

...And the Quarantine stickers on the door.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  4. RetLEO-07

IMG_0190.JPG Okay, I went to Bed Bath & Beyond looking for Maas metal polish(they don't carry it). After coming up empty, I took a stroll down their shaving/skin care isle. Hold onto your wigs Veg fan(atic)s. There it was. So as not to alarm the other patrons(and maybe cause a stampede to the exit) I took a discrete picture and made my escape in case there was a leak or something . I contemplated calling the EPA hotline, but figured that would cause a real panic

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

My fave big box store! You're the man.

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

It smells better than the Maas you wear.

7. RetLEO-07

Verrrry funny coming from a troll.

8. richgem

And trolls aren't known for their sense of humor. I mean, just ask the Billy Goats Gruff! :eek:

9. RetLEO-07

:happy097:

10. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I picked up my bottle at Bed Bath a while back, they only carry it at stores with a Health & Beauty department but you can use the Find A Store on their website to find the closest one.

twhite and ob1page like this.
  11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Tuesday From Florida!

The Veg has landed! SWMBO brought the box in about 17:00. I told her I have a new scent for her to evaluate, but did not elaborate.

I did not shave today, and used no cologne or aftershave, so I cut the box open and slapped on two generous handfuls; face, neck, and and arms. Then I turned around and asked her to sniff on me. Her initial reaction, before she stepped in to get a really good whiff, was "it smells kind of powdery and pleasant." Then she stepped in for the whiff and said "it smells a little pukey."

Then, I handed her the bottle for a sniff. Her reaction was "it is burning my nose hairs."

Around 17:30 I asked her to sniff me again. Her reaction is "oh! It smells warm, soft, and floral. I like it."

So, then I asked her if she thought she might like to wear it. She said, yeah, I think I would. It is like a unisex thing. SWMBO shook out a big handful, slapped it on her arms and neck, and pronounced that it smells like "a cleaning product" and she smells like "a French hookah" "draw me like one of your French girls."

Then I asked her to sniff the bottle and describe what she smells. She said "all I catch is burning alcohol, melting my nose hairs."

I then sniffed her out, and it smelled like a floral, musky scent.

We went upstairs around 17:45, to change into leisure wear, and sniffed each other out again.

Insert a David Attenborough narrated film here about the mating habits of hyenas...

Now it is 18:30. SWMBO smells to me like tiger lillies; that yellow, grainy, pollen that sticks to your snout. I think her scent is reminiscent of Play-Doh.

Would I buy The Veg for The Stryker House? No, I think not.

Is The Veg for You? I don't know.

I can say for sure that The Veg is not the cat pee smell that I remember. But, then again; once upon a time, I hated asparagus, brussels sprouts, and greens in general. Now, many years later, I enjoy all green vegetables.

The Lilac Vegetal, that is also green; not so much.

Who is the next victim?

DaltonGang, Demidog, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  12. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Nice review. It sounds like you and your wife had a great evening sniffing each other. It's interesting to see a review by someone who doesn't seem to love the scent but who also doesn't immediately evoke images of cat pee. Based on your description, it really doesn't sound all that bad.

stingraysrock, ob1page and twhite like this.
  13. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Would you like to keep some?

Demidog and Bama Samurai like this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.jpg

15. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I'm confused.
    It sounds like you both liked it and you are "chosen."
    Why not keep some?

stingraysrock and ob1page like this.
  16. RetLEO-07

Yeah, I thought that's how it works. And if you have a Bed Bath & Beyond nearby, you can get a bottle of your own.

stingraysrock likes this.
  17. stingraysrock

Sure. I will take enough to fill a pill bottle. Do I ship the rest back to you?

18. stingraysrock

wristwatchb likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think Bill was unavailable for comment.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  20. richgem

:pot:

RetLEO-07 likes this.