The Veg, South of border equivalent?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by NapalmCola, Jan 2, 2016.

1. NapalmCola

NapalmCola Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I came across this at my local CVS and thought it would be an interesting topic.

I have never tried the famous "Veg" from Pinaud. I wonder if this is a similar product. Based off the ingredients.

Who knows what the bottle says . For all I know this is hair tonic for children.

Anyone heard of this , or better yet try it ? How does it compair to the Veg ?

I can buy it and try it but without ever having tried the Pinaud Veg I couldn't compair the two.
    uploadfromtaptalk1451771936742.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1451771942726.jpg

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

How much? I'd try it.

3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

It says it originated in Pravia a town in Spain in 1905. It also says the fragrance is that of "Heno" which translates to hay. "Freshly cut hay" would be it's name. My mom is Spanish. :)

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The "vegetal" in that Spanish usage refers to the origin of the alcohol itself. Agua De Colonia (literally "Colonial water") is probably more similar to Agua de Florida (literally "Flower Water"), and based on citrus/geranium blooms rather than lilacs.

@Robyflexx - feel free to check mi Español!

NapalmCola and Robyflexx like this.
  5. Robyflexx

My grandfather used this and similar products. Truthfully they are all great smelling fine products which for the most part go unnoticed.

6. Robyflexx

You are correct, "Colonial Water" is the reference on the box, I.e. cologne

NapalmCola likes this.
  7. Bama Samurai

El aroma de mi hogar - "the scent of home."

RaZorBurn123 and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Robyflexx

Perfect! Perfecto! :)

9. Robyflexx

Well almost. "The scent of my home" would be exact.

NapalmCola and Bama Samurai like this.
  10. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Yeah, I'd give it a go depending on the price and one's commitment to NB'16

11. Bama Samurai

I've lost fluency over the years, but in the late nineties I could read really well, and mostly understand spoken Spanish, most easily in the Mexican dialect. My Uncle married a Colombian woman of Spanish descent, her Spanish and accent are very different than what I learned in high school and working in Texas.

NapalmCola and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Robyflexx

Yes it's definitely very different. The accent and sometimes pronunciations are different but grammer remains the same. I like many of the different accents with a few exceptions. I do generally like the Columbian accent it's a refined one which can sound similar to the people of Spain depending on which town or province they are from. Don't lose it completely buddy, it's nice to be multilingual. :)

Bama Samurai and NapalmCola like this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

CVS, you say? Hmmm...

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If it doesn't stink, it's not like the Veg.

15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Veg always reminds me of Shakes the Clown.

NapalmCola and battle.munky like this.
  16. NapalmCola

Wow, lots of great conversation started with this little bottle. Actually it's pretty big 750 ml.
    Out here in So. California it's only $5.59. They will probably add CRV (recycling fee) of 2 or 3 cents.

Well it sounds interesting enough for me to buy it. Now I just need to get some samples out to everyone who wants to try it.
    Maybe do a mailer pass around :)

17. Robyflexx

Go for it buddy! I bet you'll discover a hidden gem and when it catches on we'll all have you to thank. :happy088:

Bama Samurai and NapalmCola like this.
  18. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

This is huge!

19. NapalmCola

A while back I came across some Dove Expert Care line for Barbers and Cosmos that turned into a great thread as well.
    Unfortunately I came across the line due to it being discontinued and a fraction of the suggested retail. :(

Robyflexx likes this.
  20. NapalmCola

That's what she said.

OK that was some low hanging fruit I just had to say it though.

Robyflexx likes this.